Build mode, movable Ship Core.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    If anyone builds like I do you know that the ship you start out to make isn’t always what you intended. This isn’t a huge problem just a process of creativity but with that a fixed block; ignoring it’s importance, can make it hard to work around. I’m sure some have also made the mistake of overlooking the orientation of their ship core and ended up building in the complete wrong direction. So my idea is simple and has probably been brought up before but I couldn’t find it if it had, make the ship’s core movable in build mode. Now once a ship is made it’s made and to prevent people moving their core during a battle for protection it should cost X number of credits to move your core so you’d have to be in rage of a shop in order to do it. This would fix design flaws of a ship that didn’t turn out the way a builder planned who is happy with the look and efficiency of a ship but has a core in an odd, nonstrategic location.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Some form of core movement definitely should be implemented.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I dont know about that, unless move-the-core mode was on like a 1hr timer.

Becauase let me tell you, I\'d move it to a different location every time I fought to prevent people getting used to it.

Reaction score
    A timer would be fine. I would suggest that if you click to drag the core, that it should have a popup, something like-

\"You have 5 minutes to move the core, then it cannot be moved again for X hrs. Okay/Cancel\"

Or the same, but you have until you exit build mode...something to give a little leeway so you can doublecheck the new location. And I don\'t know what limitation would be best for interval between times you can move it. 1hr? 24hrs? I don\'t think it\'s a major deal, since the indicator sits right on the core anyway, you can\'t really hide it away.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    I like the idea to move the core, but to do it you should have to be in a build block and the core can\'t be moved when in use as this will stop it being used midd battle

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Set up in such a way that if the ship had taken fire or fired it\'s weapons at any point in the last 30 seconds, you would be unable to move the core.

This would prevent movement of the core during combat.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    yes please! i thought i would never make the backwards ship mistake but i did......