Build how ever you want at shops

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    At shops you get unlimited items to build with, but to actually have the blocks applied to your ship you have to pay 4x regular shop price.

solves problem of building in singleplayer and buying on servers

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Nice idea, though I was thinking something along the lines of a creative mode type, like how in the menu you have sandbox, there should be something like:
    Sandbox:Survival
    Sandbox:Creative
    Anyway that's just what I was thinking for the drop-down menu at the launcher.
    I'll see you later.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Top Forum Contributor
    The reason limited resources exist in the survival aspect is to promote trading, different players will have more of certain items, so you trade for what you need. This would be way too OP for a survival server.

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    yeah - it's just i like it how you can make super pretty ships with cheats on singleplayer and then buy them on servers - so why not make this a thing, but to still keep regular ship building have the blocks cost 4x the price (since you don't rely on the shop's stock)[DOUBLEPOST=1415873449,1415873376][/DOUBLEPOST]
    The reason limited resources exist in the survival aspect is to promote trading, different players will have more of certain items, so you trade for what you need. This would be way too OP for a survival server.
    we can already do that by uploading blueprints of whatever we need, that is why i am saying they cost 4x the regular price (due to "special delivery)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I think that shops should only sell basic components like thrusters, cores, power reactors, salvage computers and salvage modules, all other blocks have to be produced by a player using a factory thus increasing the demand for blocks. Shop should still exchange player items for cash thou, just to keep the basic economy going.

Reaction score
    I agree with niner if a shop no longer accepts blocks for credits the Blueprint system is pretty much useless.

Reaction score
    I prefer how it is currently. Shops are rare, crafting and factories become a much more important part of the game. Player run shops now have a point to them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    A creative or "drafting" mode would be great. Basically you can design an entire ship using unlimited blocks since you are just designing your ship. But for it to be a "real" ship it needs to be built with real materials from in game, or paid for with credits, including "construction" costs, preferably in a shipyard.

In the real world advanced economies can supply pretty much anything you want, in almost unlimited quantities, if the PRICE is high enough. I would think the trading guild would be the same.

Reaction score
    But 4 times the normal place is insane, for the beginners...
    Maybe something like... a random multiplayer per shop/shipyard, but it should be between 1.0 (if verry lucky, they would assemble your ship for free) and 4.0 (if verry unlucky, you'll have to pay them a lot to build your ship). At least that's how the real world works, right? Also, maybe if you excede 10^rand(5,30) blocks, they would reduce the multiplier with rand(0.0, normal_multiplier-1.0)...

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    In the real world advanced economies can supply pretty much anything you want, in almost unlimited quantities, if the PRICE is high enough. I would think the trading guild would be the same.
    thing is, do we want the NPCs to run the economy or the players themselves

Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Well, I play mainly single player, so a decent NPC economy would be nice, but I see your point in multiplayer.
    Yes @Mr.Steam !, exactly a drafting mode is kind of what i am talking about - you design the blueprints in a "creative mode enviornment". Also I to play a lot of singleplayer :D[DOUBLEPOST=1415907261,1415907157][/DOUBLEPOST]
    But 4 times the normal place is insane, for the beginners...
    Maybe something like... a random multiplayer per shop/shipyard, but it should be between 1.0 (if verry lucky, they would assemble your ship for free) and 4.0 (if verry unlucky, you'll have to pay them a lot to build your ship). At least that's how the real world works, right? Also, maybe if you excede 10^rand(5,30) blocks, they would reduce the multiplier with rand(0.0, normal_multiplier-1.0)...
    not insane - if you are new just build a salvager with stuff you craft or buy at shops for regular prices! this is to "fine tune" your own ship - but costs a bit more to save the hassle of travelling and finding the shops that have the items in stock