Build helper : we need ellipses

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Hello,
    The "recent" build helpers are really nice, unfortunately, most computers can't handle them when they're big. On top of that, there is no way (correct me if I'm wrong) to fill ellipses as it is possible with circles (restricted build) : to have ellipses, one needs to create an ellipsoid and then fill a part of it. Then we have two options :
    - Minimize the surface and only build a flat ellipsoid, but then we've to fill the whole build helper then remove most of the blocks you placed.
    - Use a 3 blocks wide ellipsoid so we don't need to dig afterwards, but in this case we cannot do big ellipses until our computer dies/starmade crashes.

An option that allows us to build nice ellipses might be really useful since ships with curves are hell to build.

Thank you for reading !

PS : Such an option might replace the current "circle" option, since you can build a circle with ellipse of equal radiuses.

Reaction score
    Just make an ellipsoid with one dimension having one block.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I don't want to be rude but did you read what I've written or not ?
    Let this ellipsoid :
    x : 4
    y : 4
    z : 0

Gives a flat disc. Nice but if you fill it you will have to dig your structure if you just want the ellipse.
    Let this ellipsoid :
    x : 4
    y : 4
    z : 1

Gives a 3 blocs wide ellipsoid, wich represents a LOT of wires and a, let's say, x : 100 y : 50 z : 3 ellipsoid will likely crash most computers.

Reaction score
    Yeah I don't actually know what I'm talking about I just like to pretend I'm a helpful person. Don't the circle templates give discs rather than outlines as well though?

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Wait what ? I'm not an english speaker so I'm not sure to understand the second sentence.
    Circle template gives a circle, not a surface.
    Ellispoid template gives an ellipsoid which means it has a surface, and it has a surface. (and I don't want a surface because I'll have to remove blocks afterwards)
    Or just show me pics but what you're saying seems wrong to me.