Build Helper Settings

Reaction score
    Hello everyone!

There has been some touch-and-go about this general information so I am going to try to consolidate it.

Is there a place within the settings of the game that a user can change the settings for max size of the shapes in build helper, aka ellipsis, torus, etc., of each dimension? If so, where? right now it is 256 for all dimensions and 500 would be a good max for me ;)

I have tried doing a large build of an ellipsis and supposedly you can have it auto-fill the outline if you have enough of a build block to do it as you create it with that checkbox. For me, all it does is allow me to ONLY fill inside the wireframe, not do it for me. What am I doing wrong, if anything?

will there be an incorporation of cornering, meaning adding corners blocks in the appropriate spots in the wireframe, in the future?

Thanks for you help.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    In the server.cfg there should be a setting for that. Maximum build area, or something. Just open it the file with a text editing program and press CTRl + F and type 10, and press enter (this will search for 10, and 10 because that is the default build size). Just keep going to a different highlighted "10" and eventually you'll find the setting you need.

Sorry for the less easy way, but I forgot the name, so this will have to do ;)

Reaction score
    So the answer is no then? Darn. I knew about changing the max build dimensions, but I was just wondering if you could do that for build helper. Oh well.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    Nope, it is impossible. Not only are the values hardcoded, but the way minimum and maximum are retrieved right now, they have to be hardcoded.