Read by Council Build helper changes needed.

Reaction score
    Currently the build helper feature could use some changes. When you choose "circle" for example the radius selector goes up to 5000 (The game can't really handle a 10,000 circle or sphere) because the slider has such huge numbers it is VERY hard to select applicable numbers, such as 100. Move the bar just a little and it jumps by 50 or more. Please lower the radius values. Also, adding a field to type in a value would be great. Which would allow for larger sizes if ever needed. For example, the slider should just go up to 360 or lower (allowing for a 720 block wide or less circle) This would make the slider bar MUCH more pleasant to use. I love the build helper overall...but currently these super large, unrealistic slider bar sizes, really harm its usability.

Reaction score
    I agree with this, I think the slider should go up to 360 or so, and a text field next to it which allows up to 5000 or higher

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It should also be possible to directly place blocks with the build helper when using a shipyard.

Reaction score
    Neat idea.

Also, I'd like to see a better replacing feature. Right now, you can replace blocks by selecting them with the "Remove/Replace Filter" button, but this gets annoying when you're working on a ship with lots of tetras and wedges, because you have to go from block form, reset, choose wedge, do work, reset, etc. I'd like to see a multi-slot item in addition to different forms. This multi-slot choice would allow you to, say, replace all the red armor on your ship with white, without choosing "Replace red wedge" then "Replace red tetra". Instead, you skip to "Replace all the blocks in the red standard armor multislot item" and go about your work that much faster.

Reaction score
    Agreed with all of the above. Placing blocks lets us skip an annoying middleman step that doesn't need to be in there, where we have to follow it for a circle or whatever, and as for the replace feature, perhaps allow an option to replace ALL blocks of that type on the main vessel instantly. Because I've got 7 Standard Armor blocks on my heavy cruiser model that I just - can't - FIND!!! Plus 4 Wedges, maybe a Hepta or two, and don't forget the dang Tetras...

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    Build helper shouldn't place the blocks by default. I can see the use for a toggle or second button to fill the helper.
    Sometimes I just want a half circle, a smaller arc, or just the outer walls of the torus. Filling it in by default would just mean I would have to go back and remove a lot of crap.

The current popular suggestion, imo, is to just replace all of the sliders with text entry boxes. If you want 300 , you type 300.

Many changes are planned for the build helper and build mode in general.
    Suggested reading: FSM, #17

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Build helper shouldn't place the blocks by default. I can see the use for a toggle or second button to fill the helper.
    Sometimes I just want a half circle, a smaller arc, or just the outer walls of the torus. Filling it in by default would just mean I would have to go back and remove a lot of crap.
    A checkbox for filling with the block in the active slot would make sense, that would be the same as with the remove/replace tool.

Crashmaster

I got N64 problems but a bitch ain't one
    Reaction score
    It would be nice to be able to toggle the targeting block of the build helper from center to a corner perhaps?

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It would be nice to be able to toggle the targeting block of the build helper from center to a corner perhaps?
    It would be even better if we could first draw a selection frame and then apply the build helper to it (as suggested here).

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    Symmetry controls and limits would help when defining the build-area. ( Sphere/Hemisphere/Quarter-of-a-Hemisphere :confused:)
    Also, more shapes would be welcome.