Build Challange: Day One Salvager

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Just about everybody has a big, large, asteroid and planet eating salvagers but not many that you can acquire quickly and give you the ability to harvest the materials needed for a larger ship.

This is a build challenge not a contest so no prizes or votes for a winner. This is just for fun and if you are looking for something to do. Your challenge is to build an aesthetic and effective salvager that any player can acquire in "one day" when starting on new in a game. This means it will likely have light defenses and no weapons as those are more expensive. Empty space can be left in the design for the ship to be capable of receiving upgrades but the stock version must be cheap.

Challenge Rules:
    1. The ship should be easily built from crafted resources
      • I never used an advanced factory and only the standard for a few key items.
    2. Buying and Selling is allowed but should be used sparingly
      • I do recommend selling some of the starting materials to purchase shields/jump/radar jammer
    3. You don't have to craft all the materials during the build process like I did but remember rule 1
    Speed build videos are highly encouraged or just screen shots of the build process and/or final ship.

Download:
    http://starmadedock.net/content/ucs-sv-1280-a1-adze.2103/

Drybreeze

Simply complicated.
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1

What is this ship preview interface you show in your post please.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor

What is this ship preview interface you show in your post please.
    That is done with 4 screen shots of the various angles, and photoshop. I really wish there was an automated way to do that.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1422472697,1422472128][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Hey Sven here is what i do on day one if the server allows it...

http://starmadedock.net/content/dsy-inc-type-st-yummi.2123/
    View attachment 8212
    I like it, it is a great little shuttle and a great way to get out into the universe on a server. My ship is probably better for single player where you can claim any sector and start mining with the stock mining beams you get until you can build the ship.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    I like it, it is a great little shuttle and a great way to get out into the universe on a server. My ship is probably better for single player where you can claim any sector and start mining with the stock mining beams you get until you can build the ship.
    Yeah different approach... one just wants to start mining right away, one just wants to get out of there before all the good systems are already taken :) andthen just build block on station and rip it of the universe for ressources or take the last block over to have a station the build all the factories ... Both i guess should work :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    A submission for the day 1 salvage challenge by Sven_The_Slayer that turned from function to aesthetics. The Ferret Class Salvage sports an interior, basic shielding system, and over 12 salvage groups.

Reactions: Sven_The_Slayer
    Reaction score
    Now I'll admit I probably got a little carrier carried away. I built this on a survival server with all blocks obtained from my factory.

It's got 12 salvage beams supported by cannon, a modest jump drive, radar jammer, ~2:1 thrust and a decent amount of power regen. Overall not that much shielding but plenty of space to add more. It's even got a little interior.

I'll just go ahead an call it The Bull.

Full album

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Wired for Logic
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    this is just amasing ship. i like it a lot. so much details on so much little thing.
    Thank you Rumcajz :) Glad some people like it and also recognize how difficult it is to make small stuff look good. if you would be so kind to maybe rate the ressource as well :D please thanks in advance.