Build Blocks to pilot ships ?

Reaction score
    It would be nice to have an option to "startup" the engines of a ship from diferent location of the core.
    For big ships, you may want to make a cabine on the front of the ship wathever, and put the core in a "core room" or something.
    I thought the build block could do it, but its not working, do anyone knows if fly mode supouse to work on ships when use build block or if there is another way to do it ?

Jake_Lancia

Official Source of Blame
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    It currently does not do that, and there are no current plans to change that as far as I know.

There has been much discussion about making the core less important for a ship. The first step of this was the rail docking update, meaning ships don't have to dock according to their core location any more. The next logical step to that would be a 'cockpit module' or a change to the existing cockpit, like many have suggested, that allows core functionality (i.e, entering/using a ship/turret) anywhere on the ship/turret. I think the build block should stay as it is (secondary build access for ships and main build access for stations) otherwise it will become somewhat confusing.

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Build blocks do work to pilot ships, but use cameras because when the block you are in is destroyed, you get kicked out of the craft. If you stay in the core you'll be in it until the entire ship is destroyed. if you just want access points, hitting the up or down arrow keys on a ship will change between docked ships, so just a rail with a 2 part core can get you into a ship.

Reaction score
    You are the guy ! I tested your sugestion with rails and it worked ! Fixed all my problems. There is a small issue with gravity but I am ok with that for now. The buildi block didnt worked thought, when I enter on it and try to move it gets a error saying I am blocked by a player or faction, would you know why ?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Build blocks do work to pilot ships, but use cameras because when the block you are in is destroyed, you get kicked out of the craft. If you stay in the core you'll be in it until the entire ship is destroyed. if you just want access points, hitting the up or down arrow keys on a ship will change between docked ships, so just a rail with a 2 part core can get you into a ship.
    As of version 0.19228, you can enter flight mode from a build block but cannot control the ship.

Reaction score
    I found something funy, dont know if this is a bug, if the build block is on the docked ship it worked and I can control the ship....

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I found something funy, dont know if this is a bug, if the build block is on the docked ship it worked and I can control the ship....
    Rail dock, right? I'll look into it later.