Build Block OVER POWERD

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so i have started playing starmade and i found that the Build Block is TO OVERPOWERD i meen i dont need salvedge cannons when i have Build Block i just put it on a planet or a station and go to advance build mod and start removing the station i can take down the station in under 5 min and make MILIONS whit out needing to do any thing. plz can you fix so you can like block it or fix it some how ;P

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I would say you should only be able to do such to faction owned lands and put a price for making a planet/station/ect faction owned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I\'m gonna be rich!

Jk, that does sound overpowered, and I like nootau\'s idea.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you can stillbypass it if you do that get a faction block and a Build Block and you just bypassed your idea

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    That is why I said put a price on it like.. Charge them the price of Station\'s base worth if they cannot pay then they cannot faction protect it and thus not build block it.. Same with ships.

lupoCani

First Citizen
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This has been brought up countless times before, please post in existing threads. Also, as I said in those threads, I think the build mode should be some kind of virtual editing, which is then updated into the \"real\" world, but with a per-block delay. This should make it no faster than doing it manually, still be as convenient as usual and make some in-game sense.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ok so even if we charge em thay still get a shit ton of blocks even if its like thay payed for the station so insted of needing to go from station to station to collect the stuff thay need thay might just pay to salvedge a station what i would like is that you can only buy the station and build on em but the only way to remove blocks from a station would be to shot at it so if you like to open the base up BOOM no salvedge or build block should be able to salvedge the base

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Even if they get alot of blocks, so what? You can use slavage cannons on a station and get them for free currently. If you charge them for using a build block it will reinforce the idea of slavaging it the normal way. What\'s wrong with this idea?

Reaction score
    you have enough money and time to make a really big one.
    I use build blocks on stations to get started one servers.

Reaction score
    Couldn\'t the build blocks be made so they only effect player placed blocks? The would stop the mining exploit.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    ...why not make it so build blocks only allow you to remove blocks you or someone in your faction placed? That way procedurally generated objects and enemy propety can\'t be cheaply hacked by the build block.

Reaction score
    It\'s odd to be in Alpha, because we see things that we\'ve YET to see in Minecraft one moment, then we realize there are things that aren\'t implemented yet to go along with things that are. It\'s bizarro. Example: I think the build block mechanics will improve greatly once the game has a way of keeping up with which blocks are \"server owned\" and which ones are \"player owned\" (aka blocks that have been edited by player interaction). Hopefully when/if this type of block discernment is coded in, we\'ll see build blocks only work on blocks that have already been modified by the player? Maybe by then, those empty stations out there will have someone (or something!) living in them as well :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Obvious way to fix this is to make only make build blocks mountable on ships and stations that have been created by players. To replace the functionality lost in gravity(cant jump that high so you cant place blocks) there should be an anti-grav pack available for purchase in shops and used to counteract the effects of gravity on planets.