Bugged Turrets Alignment

Reaction score
    Alright I know this is already a known issue. However I did discover something new about it. I managed to attach my turrets correctly and save the ship with the turrets in the proper alignment. However the bug persists. I discovered that pressing the C key to auto-realign, aligns the turret into the bugged position! Yes C key thinks the default turret position is rotated 180' on the Z-axis facing the front of the ship.

Or said another, the game thinks ALL of the turrets are top mounted. I have had NO problem with any of the top mounted turrets only the ones mounted on the bottom.

Reaction score
    You can stop the turrets by glitching out if you exit them while not in build mode. If you do leave the turrets while you are in buildmode they will probably glitch out, but if you don't the should be fine

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    try to reconnect on the server sometimes that helps

Reaction score
    Thank you gentlemen for your replies. However none of these suggestions have helped. I had not considered build mode as being the source of the bug so after reading your suggestion I tested it. However the turrets bugged out as soon as I switched into them using the UP and DOWN keys. Without my ever entering build mode.

As far as I can tell this bug is rooted somewhere in the turrets default alignment settings. With the C key which usually realigns the turret to its default position having a corrupted default. The bug is triggered using the UP and DOWN arrow keys to switch into command of various turrets. In addition it is only the bottom mounted (I have not experimented with the side turrets) that is showing the bug. I have yet to have an instance of a top mounted turret becoming bugged.

When the bug activates the turret is rotated 180' or less from its correct position into a top mounted position sometimes skewed at a 30 degree angle that turrets can't normally obtain. In addition the controls for the turret become reversed. OR the controls remain correctly aligned but the vision from the turret is now reversed from what the controls were designed to deal with.

Remounting the turret after it bugs will not correct the bug. You have to take the turret off and remove the block directly under the connection block to reset the turret to a default normal position.

That's about as well as I can define the problem.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Yeah turrets are really buggy now, I looked when I was in combat once and half my turrets were upside down in the ship. I lost most my my turrets in that fight too but not to enemy fire, my turrets were shooting themselves. There was obviously missile damage and my opponent wasn't using missiles.

Reaction score
    Has there been any update on the Turret bug? I'm still experiencing it in the latest update.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    Undock - enter core - build a block below the core - exit and reenter - remove that block - dock

That did work for my turrets !

Reaction score
    Yes that unbugs my turrets as well until I use the UP or DOWN key or sometimes just exit the turret using R. At this point I'm wondering if a full reinstall might be more helpful...