[BUG] Pickup Rails not working

Reaction score
    Hi,

I tried several setups but my pickup rails stopped working an I can't get them to work again. The "Pickup Point" seems to work fine but they won't get transported along the rails. I restarted the game and server put nothing helps.

P.S.: The activation module should not be necessary but I added it to make sure the rails are turned on.

screen.png

[Server(0)][PICKUPAREA] SUCCESS PICKUP Ship[Miner 2](6) on Ship[Valkyrie](5)
    [RAIL] Server(0) Ship[Miner 2](6) DOCKED AT (-1, 9, -4); (Primary was: TOP)
    [RAIL][UPDATE] Server(0) EXECUTING RAIL REQUEST ON: Ship[Miner 2](6): (ConnectRequest): [Shi
    p[Miner 2](6) (11, 8, 8) Rail Docker(663)] -> [Ship[Miner 2](6) (-1, 8, -4) Pickup Rail(938)
    ]
    [RAIL][CONNECT] Server(0) Ship[Miner 2](6) CANNOT DOCK: FACTION NOT ALLOWED
    [RAIL][UPDATE] Server(0) SUCCESSFULLY EXECUTED RAIL REQUEST ON: Ship[Miner 2](6): (ConnectRe
    quest): [Ship[Miner 2](6) (11, 8, 8) Rail Docker(663)] -> [Ship[Miner 2](6) (-1, 8, -4) Pick
    up Rail(938)]
    [RAIL] Server(0) RECREATING RAIL FROM ROOT: Ship[Miner 2](6)
    [RAIL] Server(0) removeObjectPhysicsRecusively() removed physics for Ship[Miner 2](6)
    [RAIL] Server(0) recreateRootObjectPhysics() added physics for Ship[Miner 2](6)
    [RAIL] Child #0: obfuscated.XV@c15b01d9([CubesShape|SER Ship[Miner 2](6)])
    [RAIL] Server(0) RECREATING RAIL FROM ROOT DONE: Ship[Miner 2](6); DOCKED AND EXECUTED: false; DOCKED OR DIRTY: false
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465062610,1465062095][/DOUBLEPOST]God damnit... I found it out right after posting, but I think this is a small bug that could make people crazy. When giving a faction module to the main ship but none to the fleet ships they will start docking but won't work with the transporting rails. After I removed the faction module on the main ship they moved again.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1465063309][/DOUBLEPOST]Found out something else when trying this setup with faction modules. If you change the permissions on the main ship it changes the permissions on the docked ships as well. I don't know if this is intended but it could be anoying when changing the permission for the main ship (e.g. Founder) the docked ships (e.g. 4th rank and higher) are not accessible for your faction members anymore.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Is this in singleplayer or on a server? Would it b possible to meet on a server that you have witnessed the behavior on?

Reaction score
    This is on my personal server. But as I already mentioned this is not directly related to SP/MP but it may be just some kind of design flaw.

1. Pickup Points ignore faction modules while rails don't.
    2. Faction modules not only affect permissions on the main ship but also on docked ships.

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Currently there's a bug that forces you to put the pickup points on top of the rail arrows rather than anywhere in contact with the rail.

As for the faction permission thing if all the drones are set to either no faction or the default faction settings it is suppose to do that, but if it is changing them outright regardless than we've got a problem.

Reaction score
    I tried the following:
    -> Every ship has a faction module
    -> Carrier set to 1+
    -> Drones set to 3+

=> When changing the permissions for the carrier to 2+ it also sets the docked drones to 2+

I know this is intended when no faction is set so you don't need a faction module for every turret, but I don't think this should be when permissions are already set manually.

For the rail problem:
    Pickup Rail - StarMade Wiki - Uses faction permission
    Pickup Point - StarMade Wiki - Doesn't use faction permission

The resulting problem is that ships will dock to the pickup point (even if players should not be allowed) but the adjacent pickup rails will not transport the ship because they are influenced by the permissions.

Solution:
    -> Pickup points should not allow players/ships to dock when not allowed through faction permission. (e.g. not in the same faction)

Last edited:

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    Seeing as I normally faction all sub entities to make it so people have a hard time stealing my stuff I haven't noticed this, any way you can get screenshots or video of this happening?