Bug Bug Demonstration starmade-build_20140509_160332

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I made a video demonstrating some bugs I've found in the dev build.

After the video was made I also found that my fighter equipped with lasers would only draw 1/8 lasers and when I tried to attack a target it would draw the others but my FPS would drop to 0

Also is there a better place to report Dev Build bugs?

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Dev Build Bugs go into the Bug-Tracker.

Quick overview over the things I noticed:

Those inverted controls look like an error, but pressing X to realign the camera solved it for me. And didn't get to happen it again.

For the 'Rapid Fire' it looks like you disconnected the 'Support groups' from the second computer.
    Also: It is only that effective for 1:1.

Having 1 AMC supported by 1 other AMC will increase the rate of fire by 15 times, also it reduces the damage to 1/15th.
    Having 100 AMC supported by 1 AMC will increase the rate of fire by 1% towards 15 times, also it will reduce the damage only partially.

So this looks really impressive, but is part of the balancing.

Also on second try to connect you seemed not to update your hotbar weapon.
    Linking two weapons creates a new one (those with double computers)
    those have to be assigned in the hotbar.

Docking beam to hotbar:
    Use drag and drop.

But will look over those in details later, as those unlinking AMC blocks from the computer may be not intended, but they got unlinked (didn't get highlighted while selecting the computer).
    In case you can reproduce the messed up controls, please report it with step by step, as I could not reproduce that. (In case they get saved into the blueprint/ship please create a report and upload that blueprint)

lordWolfe
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/78
    You are using a deprecated texture. It warns about the usage in latest dev-build.

- Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
    Reaction score
    You are using a deprecated texture. It warns about the usage in latest dev-build.
    That's the Realistic pack which is, as far is I know, not deprecated. Also, textures shouldn't be the cause of such rendering issues.

kupu

Colouring in guy.
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Likeable Gold
    • Arrrty Gold
    That's the Realistic pack which is, as far is I know, not deprecated. Also, textures shouldn't be the cause of such rendering issues.
    Yea, that's default textures. Nor is it the cause.

The 7th face of the penta block is inverted, a result of orientation tweaks made in the latest dev build. The bug is currently being tracked / worked on.

http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/92

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Dev Build Bugs go into the Bug-Tracker.

Quick overview over the things I noticed:

Those inverted controls look like an error, but pressing X to realign the camera solved it for me. And didn't get to happen it again.

For the 'Rapid Fire' it looks like you disconnected the 'Support groups' from the second computer.
    Also: It is only that effective for 1:1.

Having 1 AMC supported by 1 other AMC will increase the rate of fire by 15 times, also it reduces the damage to 1/15th.
    Having 100 AMC supported by 1 AMC will increase the rate of fire by 1% towards 15 times, also it will reduce the damage only partially.

So this looks really impressive, but is part of the balancing.

Also on second try to connect you seemed not to update your hotbar weapon.
    Linking two weapons creates a new one (those with double computers)
    those have to be assigned in the hotbar.

Docking beam to hotbar:
    Use drag and drop.

But will look over those in details later, as those unlinking AMC blocks from the computer may be not intended, but they got unlinked (didn't get highlighted while selecting the computer).
    In case you can reproduce the messed up controls, please report it with step by step, as I could not reproduce that. (In case they get saved into the blueprint/ship please create a report and upload that blueprint)

lordWolfe
    http://bugs.star-made.org/issues/78

- Andy
    Thanks for your response, I played around with that test ship a little more, I understand that the speed of the rapid fire cannons are affected by the ratio of slave to master but all 4 cannons, 1,2,3,4 AMCs respectively fire at the exact same speed regardless of their ratio. (Weapons ROF doesn't scale with the size of the cannon anymore, a 1 module weapon and a 1000 module weapon will have the same ROF, even to get even that one module cannon to fire rapidly you would need a lot of cannons as slaves. The ROF of a rapid cannon with a slave and master of a 10x10x10 chunk of AMCs is WAY too high though. It fires a solid beam of projectiles until you hit the render cap.)

The control issue seems to happen when I am connecting or disconnecting the weapons computer and I fix it by deleting the affected computer. It does not propagate through the blueprint though but getting out and back in the core does not fix it, relaunching game does. I tried X to realign and it did nothing as well. The default for this used to be J, why did this change? Changing defaults is a little confusing and it took me a while to figure this out when I first noticed it.

Once the computer is disconnected it cannot be simply reassigned with the weapons menu, it remains locked from having a slave assigned and must be deleted.

Click and dragging the core into the hotbar has the exact same result as using the number keys

Another big issue I have was not covered in the video as I found it later, I made a ship with 8 lasers but only one renders, if I attack a ship my frame rate drops to zero. I have seen that the beams dealing damage did render when the frame drop occurred.

(Concerns for Balance) The stat balance for the release still seems bad, I cannot view the real stats in the weapons computer but my fighters are unable to break the shields on my weakest pirate before running out of power and being useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Okay, didn't look into the textures close enough.
    This was my bad, sorry.

X to realign camera in buildmode was the default since I started playing star-made.

Got to go back to work now (nightshift weekend),
    will look into it in detail on Monday.

Feel free to add anything you find here.
    A small part of the documentation is already done here.

But as I'm doing this beside my full-time-job + family you have to be patient from time to time.
    Don't take it personal when I answer in a hurry from time to time. =)

- Andy