Bring back //build_mode_shift_speed

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    This command was present in an older version of StarMade

//build_mode_shift_speed [value] allowed you to change the speed you would move in buildmode while holding shift.

Reason behind this suggestion?

The current buildmode shift speed is slower than a thruster core and is also very bad on bigger structures when you need to go from one place to another.

Reactions: Gonzalo

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    The ingame way to change client variables was used for some exploits and thus had to be disabled.

You can however, still edit your settings.cfg

Open it, and look for:
    BUILD_MODE_SHIFT_SPEED
    and alter it to a setting you like.

You need to restart the client for it to take effect, but I assume you only want it higher than normal. =)

- Andy

Jasper1991

Totaly not an alt, btw join Vaygr XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    Reaction score
    The ingame way to change client variables was used for some exploits and thus had to be disabled.

Open it, and look for:
    BUILD_MODE_SHIFT_SPEED

You need to restart the client for it to take effect, but I assume you only want it higher than normal. =)

- Andy
    Would be nice if you did not need to restart everytime you work on a different sized structure, that is why I made this suggestion.

I thought you could like fix the exploits tbh

Reaction score

Open it, and look for:
    BUILD_MODE_SHIFT_SPEED

- Andy
    THANKSSSS!!!!!

though I suggest you have something in the server.cfg that enables it. on my singleplayer i want to be able to switch speeds in game and not have to restart. you could have it so that by default it is off and people who want to be able to use it on for e.g singleplayer or build servers can enable it themselves.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    Well, there were multiple ways to get advantages by rapidly changing some of the options,
    I forgot the exact details on it, may need some "whitelist/blacklist" on those changes,
    but it was not that easy to fix in the first place.

I assume that will come back, after some redesign in the way those options are synced between client-server and client-client.

- Andy