Break off and debris acting properly.

Reaction score
    Here's a suggestion
    >you destroy a block, causing a part of a ship to break off
    >the game puts a mini invisible push-pulse to the point of breakoff so the broken part flies off.

Here's another one.
    >you destroy a block, breaking it into debris
    >the game puts a mini invisible push-pulse to the point of destruction so the debris flies off.

Here's a last one.
    >you shoot a missile at something, creating a big hole and a ton of debris
    >the game puts a giant push pulse to the center of destruction (AKA the place where the rocket hit) so the debris flies off.

Note: The push pulse only affects the parts broken off. In the case of the ship it affects both parts: the ship and the part that broke off. And when I say "push pulse" I mean a rather weak one instead of the ones you used to make railguns with.
    I'm sorry for the colors I felt really fancy at the minute

Reactions: alij331
    Reaction score
    blocks that are connected to the main ship fly away
    They do if the ship is moving. Meaning they inherit the original momentum / speed of the mother object just like docked ships
    Stationary things don't move at all.

Reaction score
    Yeah I was going to suggest something similar to this. I often see, say, fighters vaporised by a missile, turning them into debris. The fighter will be gunning it, but when it is destroyed the debris just stays in place. It'd be much cooler if the debris blasted outwards.

Shooting stationary objects is a little underwhelming as well. Debris just sits there. If the ship is moving then the debris flies outwards when the rest of the ship collides with the debris, but it could be a lot more spectacular.

I'd also like to see bigger and better particle effects. Explosions and such. I'm sure this is in the works already.

Reaction score
    I Like this. I think it would be cool to be able to cut the wings off an enemy ship with a damage beam and cause the parts to separate.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    This thread sounds like an interesting way to summon FlyingDebris

I do agree that debris could use some love, make it explode into spectacular displays of death.

Reaction score
    I think that the primary reason for this not being implemented is that it would strain the system to much to work during actual combat. I still think that it's a good idea though.