Borg Building and Glitch Stitching

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I am making a post about my experiences on StarMade for the record of those in higher authority than me on this game. In the near future I will mainly post about builds that I do in sandbox mode as well as any bugs or annoying things that get my attention. Although Alienware is a reliable choice when gaming, I have chosen something a little more budget-friendly: ASUS. to be precise, it is the R700V series, with 8GB memory and 1TB hard drive. I am currently running Windows 8. First time I got this game, it was in beta and now it seems much better than it used to be (mainly held together by sticks and glue). Now, I have logged back in to check on it's progression. Much to my surprise, alot of progress has occured. lag has been reduced, as well as alot of the annoying bugs. For my first build, I started with the simplest of shapes: the Borg Tactical Cube. Unfortuneately, like with all my projects, I underestimate the sheer effort it requires to complete. I also forgot how much surface area it has. Starting with a 300 X 300 cube sounded reasonable, so I delved in to the project and within the first 2 days of the build, the center columns of the cube were done. A 19 X19 X 303 rectangle was done and I was satisfied for the moment. However, the computer kept asking for more and more memory, so I decided to move away from the space station into deep space to avoid the problem. Sadly, the problem stuck with me and got more annoying as it popped up. I did notice the problem reduced framerate as well as memory while near large objects. for example, a player building around the cube, or the cube in relation to, say an asteroid. I will make a mental note to find the setting it asked for as well as report the bug for the record.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I know this game has been out awhile, but so I thought I would ask this: is the starter still the same as before with all the java-ish stuff, or has there been some newer version that looks cooler (and not to mention fancier buttons? Still alot more questions to come.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Second consistent day of build. I have abandoned the idea of making the inside as the new updates are being worked on. Cube is now a shield block that is 315 X 315 X 315. The four sidewalls have yet to be added. The main ship can now be accessed via several thousand build blocks in what we know as the borg alcoves. This way the \"hive mind\" of the collective can both repair or even harden a specific area of the hull. Shield testing proved that even without the side panels, the new pirate stations could hit it for several minutes before a shield breach would occur. power over 1 million now, shields over 2 million, outer hull needed at least 3 stacks of 90,000 shields for just the top and bottom of this massive cube. I have also abandoned the weapons systems on the vessel until the update. Cube getting very hard to turn. The same bug occurred halfway through the build and appears mostly while using the symmetry tool. A new possibly game-breaking bug emerged after placing pulsators on the ship. A report will be sent shortly after playing. I hope to see many more comments on this post. Sending post title with report.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    If and when the post is finished, this borg cube will be available on the download ships section under Borg_Tactical_Cube. Pictures will also be included of the interior and exterior.

Reaction score
    That sounds cool I think after that you should make one that is 1000 1000 1000.

Reaction score
    Damn ive got 301*301*301 cube and that costs more than the maximum credits i cant imagine a 1000*1000*1000

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Supposedly, according to the wiki, a borg cube is EXACTLY 3km X 3km X 3km. or 3000m X 3000m x 3000m. Or for those who want it in starmade dimansions 3000 x 3000 x 3000. You get the point. I downsized it by 100 times so it could fit in a sector and, as of now, the cube cannot fully be seen unless the distance render is set to the max setting. Also, a 1000 lwh cube would cause a tremendous memory load (as mine already has in a 315 lwh dimension.) Also, shield update: shields now exceed 5 million.

Reaction score
    First time I got this game, it was in beta and now it seems much better than it used to be

can i just point out that the game is still in alpha

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    As I have previously stated, cube now reads 315 x 315 x 315. Surface of the cube has been fully established, awaiting the final decorative hull. Shields now exceed 5 million. I Have decided to move on with the interior and wait for the update before adding additional weapons nodes. the interior now forms a grid with each cross-section being a engineering or weapons \"node\", surrounded by 4 borg alcoves on either side of the 1-block wide node. this means several 9x9 nodes have been created throughout the ship, and as progress is made, the number of nodes increases exponentially. Testing of the weapons systems indicate that the 4 phaser banks available do 505 damage each. Energy nodes are still in the progress of construction and the readoff will be available when they are finally insulated with their borg alcoves. No new bugs to report.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I read the comments sometimes. Thank you for pointing that out. I got this game while it was still in a version other than alpha, or whatever comes before alpha. I sometimes call it beta, but I would like to be corrected and find out what the real version name is called. So post in the comments below what the name of the version is before alpha and thank you for your input.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    It\'d be nice if you could post pictures of your ship if this is a project. People don\'t come to the projects section to see talk about ships, you know... they come to see ships.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    finally figured out how to do this. I\'ll now decide to send a pic with every post.

http://i.imgur.com/LwZT4Dn.jpg

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    So I was riding in my Borg Cube when I decided to head back to the start: 0,0,0. All was quiet with the world. No enemies could attack me (mainly because I was admin, but also because I had all ships off the enemy list.)

Finally, A shop appeared, the first one I have sen on the map thus far that I can remember. My first thought was: OBLITERATE IT! Without thinking, I fired my guns at it 3 times. I watched as it called the fleet in it\'s AI-like stupidity. However, What happened next shocked and scared me at the same time. Thousands of shops spawned all around me and filled each sector with one shop for miles around. The game soon crashed and I sent a bug report to Schema to explain the debacle.

if you think this story is not true, look at a list of shops: