Borderless Window Mode

Keo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Okay so my laptop specifically has problems alt+tab'ing in the game, if I do it too many times it'll crash the game. Could there please be a borderless window mode so that I don't need it fullscreen but it covers my screen entirely?

Thanks for an amazing game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every game needs this, until it is added natively go to windowed mode and use something like http://grismar.net/shiftwindow/

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    you could try to make the window the same size as your screen in the settings.

Keo

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    My screen resolution is 1366x768 and my game is set to that too, but I\'d prefer it to be borderless, as it\'s more neat and... well, it just looks better on the eyes. I also miss a couple of pixels (or whatever) at the bottom as they overflow my screen.

I really do fell that a borderless window mode would benefit this game!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    A windowed borderless mode would Highly benefit this game, especially for livestreamers. Most broadcasters for livestream channels cannot pick up full screen games.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    This is not a feature for games to implement, but window managers. Most Linux WMs can do this trivially, and I would be shocked if you could not find some way to make it work in Mac OS and Windows.

In fact, here\'s the result of a quarter minute of devoted Googling: YOUTUBE LINK

Reaction score
    Yes it is feature all games should implement. It is instant \"-10 points\" for game that doesn\'t have maximized windowed mode without borders. That said, i\'m happy playing with window slightly smaller than my desktop resolution. Able to see things like steam chatting and other windows while playing.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Every game can already do this.

In fact, every Windows application can already do this. Let me broaden that search a little bit: GOOGLE LINK

It looks like in Windows there is a single flag for each window in the heirarchy that says whether to draw the border. Just turning that flag off is all you need. A utility that can do so is linked in the first video in the result above, and also here.

I haven\'t done a search for Mac OS, but I imagine it\'s not much more complicated.

In short, nobody nowhere never should have to implement this manually. It is, both conceptually and geometrically, outside of the scope of the application. In this case, I\'d rather that effort be put into improving the game itself. :)