Bobby AI Warhead Option

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Hi,

I've seen different suggestions warheads before, like special cores etc.

What I propose is give the BobbyAI an additional option. Like the Fleet, Turret, Ship options, but this will be to configure the AI to be a Kamakazi and eliminate the core overheat countdown to just disappear on destruction. That way there is no core to cause lag with collisions and space is clean and clear for continued battle.

Where this would be used is when people build their torpedos with Warhead blocks at the tip. You wouldn't need expensive push effect modules, you can use thrusters and a power block.

So;
    • New BobbyAI "Warhead" option
    • Kamakazi behavior where the AI heads straight for the target in front of them.
    • Core has no overheat countdown. It just disappears on detonation.
    For advanced warheads, perhaps have an additional AI option "Warhead Lock On", but you would need some kind of feedback to know when it is locked on. Or perhaps this could be at the cost of a Damage beam computer+module attached or maybe just the computer. Hopefully you get the idea.

*UPDATE*
    Just had a thought. The basic Warhead option could just be accelerate in a straight direction with no Kamakazi, because Kamakazi is actually lock on.

• Max thrust in forward only

Reactions: Macharius
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I agree. In conjunction with a logic beam system and logic toggleable bobby AI's, this would be excellent.

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    I agree. In conjunction with a logic beam system and logic toggleable bobby AI's, this would be excellent.
    oh yeah, that would be cool. You could apply that to a number of different battle activities. ;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Actually, I have a better idea for the self despawn system:

Connect a warhead to the core.

If that warhead goes off, the ship overheats with a time remaining of 1 sec.
    [doublepost=1476917255,1476917197][/doublepost]This is better because it means you can reduce lag for dumbfire torpedos also.
    [doublepost=1476917395][/doublepost]logic thrusters would be more useful than an AI setting.
    I don't see why we can't have the kamikazi setting also

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    great idea, makes it easier to build warheads with a good aiming option compared to having weird logic in the actual warhead

Dr. Whammy

Executive Constructologist of the United Star Axis
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    Yes... so much YES!!!
    100x test 2.gif

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    Maximum mass (hardcoded) limit to allow activation of AI type would be necessary to ensure that new_Player#38710096 doesn't tell their titan to ram the enemy's homebase. Also maybe hardcoded that the entity must have a warhead (or pulse cpu/module) on it for the AI to function.

Ithirahad

Arana'Aethi
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Has potential for abuse. Imagine what would happen if someone set a huge battlecruiser to ram into everything it sees.

Reaction score
    Make a poll i would teak the idea a little. Sounds pretty good
    [doublepost=1476930023,1476929970][/doublepost]
    Make a poll i would teak the idea a little. Sounds pretty good
    Hi,

I've seen different suggestions warheads before, like special cores etc.

What I propose is give the BobbyAI an additional option. Like the Fleet, Turret, Ship options, but this will be to configure the AI to be a Kamakazi and eliminate the core overheat countdown to just disappear on destruction. That way there is no core to cause lag with collisions and space is clean and clear for continued battle.

Where this would be used is when people build their torpedos with Warhead blocks at the tip. You wouldn't need expensive push effect modules, you can use thrusters and a power block.

So;
    • Kamakazi behavior where the AI heads straight for the target in front of them.
    For advanced warheads, perhaps have an additional AI option "Warhead Lock On", but you would need some kind of feedback to know when it is locked on. Or perhaps this could be at the cost of a Damage beam computer+module attached or maybe just the computer. Hopefully you get the idea.

*UPDATE*
    Just had a thought. The basic Warhead option could just be accelerate in a straight direction with no Kamakazi, because Kamakazi is actually lock on.

• Max thrust in forward only
    Tweak it a little MAKE A POLL =) like it

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    As one who has suggested new cores or BobbyAI options before this for warheads, I support it. I like your choice of options with straight line thrust and the BobbyAI lockon. I would like both options.

I would also like to see a Space Mine option, where the HUD notification goes away(possibly), but engines, cloakers, jammers would not function with that option turned on. Fleet AI would be very susceptible to mines, players a little less so.

Captain Tankman

Cake Build Server Staff
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Could homing/seeking make warherad topedos OP?
    my thought, too.
    If you wanna have powerfull homing projectiles, use missile/pulse. IMO Warhead torpedos should require good skill, to build them properly and to make the viable in combat. Torpedos shouldn't be "fire and forget" weapons, but more of a precise planned measure.

Calhoun

Part-time God
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    You can already make torps home in on the target.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Tester
    • Legacy Citizen
    Current fleet behavior allows you to place a warhead about 50 meters in front of a core with reactor and thruster to make a homing torpedo since an unarmed fleet members engagement range is 50 meters. Would be nice not having to place that warhead 50 meters out though. If you were to place the single reactor and thruster right behind the warhead, when the warhead goes off, it might set the entity to overheat right then.