Bobby AI shouldn't deactivate

Reaction score
    New feature was added that allows player to switch view from main ship to its turrets. Problem with that is, that it disables the Bobby AI when you enter it that way. I have a Spaceship with a lot of turrets... Going spacewalking to activate them all is very inconvenient. So just let the AI module be "fake" active while player is inside, where it wouldn't do anything. Kind of like temporary controls for player. It would automatically resume being "real" active when player leaves it.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    IMO, the bobby AI should work thus:

1. Build/spawn ship/turret with AI
    2. Enter ship core
    3. Configure AI unit via the weapons menu, or some equivalent.
    4. Leave core, which activates AI
    5. Re-entering the core (or remotely viewing the turret view from the main ship core, as mentioned in OP) de-activates the AI until you leave again.

This not only eliminates the need to manually re-activate an ungodly number of turrets (depending on the ship in question), but ALSO...

Means you no longer need to create access ports to the underside of large turrets from the main ship, in order to activate them (assuming you build turrets with flat bottoms, like I do, often).

YAY!

Reaction score
    Who has turrets that love to team kill... Deactivation/activation is a nessecary for me. I just wish I could to it more efficiently. So being able to remotely activate all of the turret AI or docked AI in a few clicks would be a much better feature. Also Xcykno, if you agree, a +1 would be better. Game is completely fine without this feature suggested in the OP

Reaction score
    maybe a lock would be great. when you activate the bobby ai you cannot switch to this turret :)
    so i can switch to my smaller ships without deactivate the bobby ai :)