Suggestion BMP file support

• Thread starter Deleted member 392097
    • Start date
    D

Deleted member 392097

It would be good if StarMadeDock would allow the uploading of image files of the type "BMP".

Also a wider range of supported files would be useful.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • TwitchCon 2015
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Just curious, what are you saving as a bitmap and why? It's not really an internet standard to use .bmp files.

.png is pretty cool if you don't like the shitty quality of a .jpg

D

Deleted member 392097

Just curious, what are you saving as a bitmap and why? It's not really an internet standard to use .bmp files.
    Oh just images. You see the software which I have installed and is compatible with my OS, only seems to want to save things in bitmap form. Although there are a ways to save images in jpg and png form, but these ways are very long and complicated due to the software obviously not wanting me to use those other formats.

Reaction score
    Oh just images. You see the software which I have installed and is compatible with my OS, only seems to want to save things in bitmap form. Although there are a ways to save images in jpg and png form, but these ways are very long and complicated due to the software obviously not wanting me to use those other formats.
    I'd say that is your problem. Even MS Paint has PNG support, which is like, -1million times¹ better than BMP.

¹ That obviously is because BMP's usefulness and cleverness as a file format is not zero, but negative.