blueprints updating undesirably?

Reaction score
    it seems that the blueprints update with the ship they are attached to. for example, i build a little scavenger, and promptly encounterd a pirate. off point, i barely escapedwith little more than the core, some energy, and a few thrusters. anyway, i toock the rest of the ship down, and used an earlier saved blueprint to spawn it in. (the first one didnt spawn in, that needs to be fixed, but thats off point.) when i got it to spawn in, it was the damaged on that hade barely escaped. any ideas? (on hte note of the disappearing blueprint, i dunno if this is common, i am the only one who cant see it. i can shoot through it, and it damages the ship, but it looks to me like i am shooting through it. also, i can fly through it. evryone else can see it. and i often have to ask someone else to salvage the blocks for me.)

Reaction score
    There have been reports of pirate vessels showing up with pre-existing damage, their Isanth and other blueprints coming with damage when being spawned. It could be that damage to blocks is being given to the blocks in the blueprint and thus causing that issue as well.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I have also encountered this problem where a ship/turret has become badly damaged, so you delete it (admin) and respawn it from the source blueprint only to have the damaged ship reappear instead of the source blueprint. I have tried removing the blueprint and uploading it again (no change), manually removing all the blocks and deleting the core the hard way (no change), restarting the server, moving away from the sector where the ship of that name was deleted from. Testing the blueprint in single player or on another server and the blueprint itself is fine. The only solution I have found is to use a completely new name for the ship/turret when it is spawned back in.

Related to whatever is happening here with the blueprints is another issue I\'ve noticed. When you spawn in a blueprint, then edit the spawned ship ingame, the ship will randomly revert in small sections back to the original blueprint that it was spawned from.

As an example: I made a ship using white normal hull and saved that as a blueprint on my home server. Then I uploaded this plain white ship to the online server and spawned it in. After this I recoloured the ship to red, yellow, blue, grey and black hardened hull (replaced all the hull blocks ingame on the online server as it\'s cheaper). Everytime I relog back to the online server, a random section (or sections) of this ship has turned back into standard white hull blocks (stands out easily). This is getting very annoying I must say spending 1 to 2 hours going over this 500m long ship replacing normal hull over and over again everytime you need to relog to the server.

It also happens to homebase stations that have been edited. Sections of it will revert back to previous versions when you relog to server. This has been happening since the last 2 updates.

Going out of the area (sector unloads), then going a fair distance away and then returning to the sector a while later (think 30 sectors away and an hour later) does not cause the ship/station to revert in random sections to a previous version or to the source blueprint. It only happens for me with a relog/restart of the client.

Reaction score
    Hi,

Just had the same/similar problem.

I created a \"smartbomb\" (a ship with a bunch of disintegrator blocks, controlled by bobbAI using the \"single pulsator\" work-around to make bobby do the right thing). As soon as I was happy with it I saved it in catalogue and docked it on my ship\'s smarbomb dispenser (and enabled the bobby AI). Then (a little later) I found a pirate station and undocked the smartbomb. It worked nicely (it flew to one of the pirate station\'s turrets and loudly extended my greetings).

After that, I tried to get a replacement smartbomb from catalogue and only got a badly damaged ship\'s core and nothing else. I deleted this ship\'s core, and restarted my client (hoping I might get a full smartbomb from catalogue); and when logging back in I found the previous smartbomb where it should\'ve been with its core missing.