Blueprints : simple GUI QOL

Reaction score
    If you're like me, with only two ships my blueprint manager is a mess. I have the hull only, WIP versions, test vesion, different final versions...

So, what about a simple sytem like this :

The ship could be saved under something like ship##version and name/version would be retrieved when such a form is read.
    Not a top priority, but would you be interested or do you use other means to manage your blueprints ?

Reaction score
    I like it, and agree that we could use such a QoL improvement.

But, and this is fairly important:

What Prefix would be applied, if any?
    Realistically, I'd presume this to be up to the user, and that the new feature would merely tack on the number, but here we go, for discussion's sake:

Decimal? 1.0 becomes 1.1, etc. (or more likely, 1.01)
    British Mark. Mk-1 becomes Mk-2, etc.
    Straight Version: V1 becomes V2, etc.
    Hash: #1 becomes #2, etc.

How granular would it be?
    As in,
    the typical usage of 1 through 9, and then you need to make a new manual entry;
    or 01 through 99 before a new manual entry;
    or 001 through 999 before a new manual entry?

I'd rather the 01 through 99 option, as I often save WIP builds that run well into the 40s before I'm happy enough to call it done, but I'm allso aware that I'm paranoid about loosing my work, as I've had build-corrupting crashes that have nuked multiple days worth of effort before I went full "save crazy".

(I once heard my behavior described as "Save early, save often. Save before you buy parts. Save after you've built with those parts. Save before each weapons test. Save every 30 minutes. And by the way, have you saved yet?")

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    why not just have "folders" so you could name the folder X and then inside you could name the seperate versions of the ship and name them yourself.

Reaction score
    why not just have "folders" so you could name the folder X and then inside you could name the seperate versions of the ship and name them yourself.
    Mostly because the game doesn't read sub-folders.
    Trying to make it read sub-folders would be a much more intense project than adding a simple versioning system

Because all "ships" in the game are folders. (yes, .sment is just a compressed folder that the game can read)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Mostly because the game doesn't read sub-folders.
    Trying to make it read sub-folders would be a much more intense project than adding a simple versioning system

Because all "ships" in the game are folders. (yes, .sment is just a compressed folder that the game can read)
    ah, dont really know about the business end of starmade mostly just put ideas out there and see where they go

Reactions: Lord_Greyscale