[Blueprints] "Enemy-usable" should be unchecked *BY DEFAULT*

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    After the NPC update, I've encountered an annoying issue where each time I restart a new world, I have to go to all my blueprints and alter their permissions one by one, on single player. Some of us follow the "save-as-you-go" policy while using the blueprint systems as a means of saving/documenting progress. However, it gets incredibly annoying and unbearable how I'd have to click on each individual blueprint, go into permissions and uncheck enemy usable, especially when I miss one only to find 7 floating chassis heading towards me now owned by the pirate faction.

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I agree that it should be set by default in the vanilla game, if only to avoid surprising new players.

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    I agree that it should be set by default in the vanilla game, if only to avoid surprising new players.
    I have to agree with Jayman, for someone whose played this game for quite a long time, I doubt a new player would immediately head right into the server config files.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    Yes, I agree the default should change.

I didn't know about the setting until players on my server complained that all the pirate ships were someone's unarmed starter mining vessel...

Reaction score
    I think the entire blueprint spawning system is going to be obsolete once the procedural factions make it in, with some of those taking the pirate role. Taking the players blueprints always just struck me as a temporary measure.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    What would be better is a menu option allowing you to select/de-select permissions for multiple blueprints at once. This will likely be more necessary as some server Admins will want to have more than just the default 3 factions in their universes.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    i guess then you did not import the catalog from the old singleplayer universe?
    you get asked that when you do create a new universe if you had already one before

Spoolooni

Token Chinese
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    i guess then you did not import the catalog from the old singleplayer universe?
    you get asked that when you do create a new universe if you had already one before
    Nope, I did~ backed up two copies of all my progress just in case as well.

Reaction score
    • Tester
    weird .. that should have copied the permission settings from the old universe to the new one then.
    except you did copy blueprints by hand into the blueprint folder .. that bypasses the catalog then and sets permissions to all active.
    will check again about that in the next days then .