Bug Blueprint Will Not Reflect Updates

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Latest stable version v0.142b

Here's a head scratcher of a bug. Whenever I save this ship (bottom right) the saved copy does not reflect changes made. The blueprint when spawned is actually spawn as work in progress version of the ship and not the current state. It seems new changes will take effect but for some reason most previous modifications will not.

Almost all the modifications to the ship are missing. I striped out it's engines and power systems entirely but they are back to their original as well as most but not all of the hull modifications reverting to the original state.

Certainly not game breaking and seems to be an isolated incident (only noticed it on this one ship). I think my server was shut down improperly and that's what caused this bug to occur.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    In case this happens again, open your Server.cfg and set

FORCE_DISK_WRITE_COMPLETION = true //forces writing operations of raw data to disk directly after operation. For some OS this prevents raw data corruption

This should force 'updated' areas being written to disk everytime.

- Andy

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    When I tried to modify the ship more I found that the changed blocks were ghost blocks that when removed did not even appear in my inventory. I gave up on it and just started over from the blueprint with the partial changes. Any blue print saved after that point does not seem to have any trouble.

AndyP

Customer Experience Manager
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Wired for Logic
    okay,

in case you have a blueprint that still refuses to accept changes, please send it to me, will look into it then.

- Andy