Blueprint Style

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    Hello everyone, I'm new to Starmade, I have watched a couple of awesome Starmade videos (primarily Starlord Luke, Bench, and Saber). Luke done a real nifty thing with his thumbnails (they look like blueprints) that has gave me an idea for a style of showcase video.

Now not to bore everyone with too many details right now, and since I'm more an "actions speak louder than words" sort of guy I'm going to create a video based on that theme, first I'll create the pilot episode using one of my (very little) humble creations, and get "hopefully" some feedback on the style of video.

I think turrets, drones, weapon systems, and such don't get as much exposure as say, the ships, cruisers, and battleships, therefore I will be mainly tackling these elements of Starmade builds, and leave the showcasing of logic, big ships, and performance to the pros.

Here's the art/thumbnail for the video I'm going to be working on first, and I'll be sure to upload more graphics when I have them completed.

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    This sounds really exciting, and I love the blueprint artwork!
    Wouldn't mind getting some of my ship on that piece of "paper"

I'm looking forward to see what else you come up with and this series you are talking about.
    Oh and welcome to the forums and the game!

Reactions: ephla442

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Oh yes prepare for many demands to have ships put into that format by eager ship builders.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Thank you to both Nauvran and Thadius Faran for your friendly supportive comments! And thanks for the welcome to the Starmade community!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Been doing some more work using the holographic blueprint as a direction I want to head in regards to the style of my videos. It has taken longer than I thought to create something that's different than the already very talented Starmade video creators have come up with, wanted to have my style set before building anything else, that way I know I'm not copying whats already been done (although I have been influenced). Anyways, thought I'd share a screen grab of what I've decided on in case folks were interested. The holographic 'styled' ship fully rotates 360 degrees, and flickers like you'd imagine a hologram would, and got a very fitting a.i. sounding voice for the voice over!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Been doing some more work using the holographic blueprint as a direction I want to head in regards to the style of my videos. It has taken longer than I thought to create something that's different than the already very talented Starmade video creators have come up with, wanted to have my style set before building anything else, that way I know I'm not copying whats already been done (although I have been influenced). Anyways, thought I'd share a screen grab of what I've decided on in case folks were interested. The holographic 'styled' ship fully rotates 360 degrees, and flickers like you'd imagine a hologram would, and got a very fitting a.i. sounding voice for the voice over!

This is amazing! Keep up the excellent work!

Reactions: Zyrr and ephla442

Saber

3D Art Director
    Reaction score
    • Schine
    • Video Genius
    Nice work ephla! It's looking good so far. :) I'd be very excited to see someone tackling the finer points of ship builds, such as turrets, drones, and their weapons. As those are points that get glossed over when reviewing an entire ship and it's aesthetic design. Good luck with the pilot episode, I'll be sure to check it out. If it goes well maybe we can do a collaboration in the future.

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Nice work ephla! It's looking good so far. :) I'd be very excited to see someone tackling the finer points of ship builds, such as turrets, drones, and their weapons. As those are points that get glossed over when reviewing an entire ship and it's aesthetic design. Good luck with the pilot episode, I'll be sure to check it out. If it goes well maybe we can do a collaboration in the future.
    Thank you Saber, currently rendering the effects to give the video it's sci-fi holographic blueprint style, I hope you will like the look of it once it's finished! I'm trying to make the showcase more like a commercial (similar to star citizens ship ship commercials) as if "Ephla Industries" is trying to sell you their product!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Well, I have finally finished my pilot episode (proof of concept) created some premade effects which I'll be testing out on other peoples builds, here's the video for anyone who is interested in seeing the finshed product, all critique is welcome >> <<

Nauvran

Cake Build Server Official Button Presser
    Reaction score
    • Master Builder Bronze
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 10
    Well, I have finally finished my pilot episode (proof of concept) created some premade effects which I'll be testing out on other peoples builds, here's the video for anyone who is interested in seeing the finshed product, all critique is welcome >> <<
    That is one amazing video.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Someone pinch me right now...

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Okay, I've made all the templates I can think of, if anyone has weapon platform, fighter, or drone and would like a video feel free to send me a message or link and I'll see if I can make a video in the style of my proof of concept video! Also some background fluff to accompany the build would be great!

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    I've started work on my Service Shuttle, here's a screenshot of the start of editing!

Reactions: Rumcajz
    Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Made some changes, when the video is done it should look far better and brighter on handheld devices when viewing the video *fingers crosed*

Reaction score
    • Arrrty
    • Video Genius
    • Purchased!
    Okay, time to hit the sack, I'll finish the video later, night peeps, and squeeps