Blueprint Preview and Selling From Shops

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I don't know if this has been suggested before but, as since the trading system is getting flushed out more, what about being able to sell blueprints between players? Filled even? Lots of players RP their faction as a shipyard that makes and sells ships, what if they actually could sell there designs, as completed blueprints from their personal shop, instead of from the catalog? and the money from the purchase goes to the funds in the sellers shop instead of.... where ever?

Now as someone buying a blue print, I would like to know what I am buying. Not just its stats, but what it looks like. Ideally, it would be nice if we could preview a hologram of the ship, like in the shipyard. Maybe even get to try it out in a test sector as well. Now, I see this potentially causing lag, either on a server, someones computer, or in someones head from having to load a ship every time they want to see what one looks like. So, what about the ability to take and add a single screen shot of the completed ship that gets saved with the blueprint? That way, you could cruise through the shop or server catalogue and get an idea of what each ship looks like before you do the preview.

Reactions: NTIMESc
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    First! :P

I agree fully with this suggestion, and I might even set up my faction on the server I play on as a shipwright faction, selling aesthetically pleasing ships that can be recolored as a customer pleases, as long as it fits in the external color range available, and also the internal lighting can be easily done up in various colors as well to make it appear as though you're in a ship with an interior color besides white.

I might actually set up prices for ships using this method too actually... :D Make a business out of constructing and then delivering ships to other factions. I'm thinking maybe do it as like x2 the cost of buying the resources, and then +1k credits per 1k mass for the ship to be constructed fully, and then for delivery to a faction, it's 200 credits per system :P So reasonably high price, but if you end up coming to our base to get the ship instead, then it's just a flat 1000 credit fee to have the ship sitting at a logic dock with a hidden button to undock the ship so that you can claim it. Which of course would be quite interesting indeed cos of the fact that people would be encouraged to come to our base to see the designs we offer, and then if they so wish, we can have the ship constructed overnight, and then bring it out to the customer come morning :P

Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Xskyth and Twylite Fang
    I see 1 problem for this commercial suggestion, won't the buyers be able to save the design once bought?
    I can see that being kind of business ruining as after some time people won't buy ships for the design but just for the fact that you guys do all the work of putting the blueprint together. Or are you not bothered by that?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I would prefer to see the actual ships be sold, rather than a blueprint. In fact, I'm hoping the the whole blueprint filling system goes away as shipyard and shop features mature. I want to list ships for sale on the trade network work, as well as buy/sell them directly from a shop. Perhaps any ship docked to a station with a shop could be put up for sale, which would lock the ship from undocking except by the purchaser.

The preview idea is a great one I was thinking about the other day. Ship blueprints/designs should store a preview of the ship, preferably auto-generated so users don't get "creative" with misleading thumbnails.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Xskyth and Twylite Fang
    I see 1 problem for this commercial suggestion, won't the buyers be able to save the design once bought?
    I can see that being kind of business ruining as after some time people won't buy ships for the design but just for the fact that you guys do all the work of putting the blueprint together. Or are you not bothered by that?
    Yes, they would be able to save the design. However, the commercial part would be the filled blueprint. there are many out there who don't enjoy the grind of getting the materials to fill the blue print. I believe that Schine is working/ planing some sort of quest/mission system that will provide an alternative method to earn money, and this would be the alternative way to get, potentially, good quality ships. And no, I am not bothered by something like someone else getting enjoyment from my creation, else i would only play single player to protect my 'Intellectual Property'. :p

I would prefer to see the actual ships be sold, rather than a blueprint. In fact, I'm hoping the the whole blueprint filling system goes away as shipyard and shop features mature. I want to list ships for sale on the trade network work, as well as buy/sell them directly from a shop. Perhaps any ship docked to a station with a shop could be put up for sale, which would lock the ship from undocking except by the purchaser.

The preview idea is a great one I was thinking about the other day. Ship blueprints/designs should store a preview of the ship, preferably auto-generated so users don't get "creative" with misleading thumbnails.
    Yes! I see that ships can only be bought from shipyards, that will then assemble the ship after you purchase it. This would prevent the lag and processing power being used to generate ships that just sit until bought. The sell chooses what ships are available at what shipyard that he/she owns. the buyer could choose to buy the ship and use his/her own parts to assemble the ship, or just pay cash for all the parts at the time of purchase, provided that the owner stocked the shipyard with all the required parts :D. Perhaps, one could even sell/trade in there current ship, to use as cash or parts for another ship?

Reactions: Crimson-Artist
    Reaction score
    Xskyth and Twylite Fang
    Actually, I think there's a line (or two) in Server settings that explicitly prevents this.
    It is off by default.

Ah, here they are.

MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_TOLERANCE = 0.1 //Tolerance of modified blueprint trigger (default = 10%)

AUTO_KICK_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Kick players that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_ID_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by name that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_IP_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by IP that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_TIME_IN_MINUTES = 60 //Time to ban in minutes (-1 for permanently)
    REMOVE_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINTS = false //Auto-removes a modified blueprint

To the best of my knowledge:
    When active, if a "new" blueprint is less than 10% different from an existing one, it can kick/ban/ipban the player trying to save it, or can "merely" eliminate the "duplicate" blueprint.
    Or do all of them.

And please remember that i could be wrong about this, if I am, just let me know, okay?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Actually, I think there's a line (or two) in Server settings that explicitly prevents this.
    It is off by default.

Ah, here they are.

MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_TOLERANCE = 0.1 //Tolerance of modified blueprint trigger (default = 10%)

AUTO_KICK_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Kick players that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_ID_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by name that spawn modified blueprints
    AUTO_BAN_IP_MODIFIED_BLUEPRINT_USE = false //Ban player by IP that spawn modified blueprints

When active, if a "new" blueprint is less than 10% different from an existing one, it can kick/ban/ipban the player trying to save it, or can "merely" eliminate the "duplicate" blueprint.
    Or do all of them.

And please remember that i could be wrong about this, if I am, just let me know, okay?
    I completely forgot about that setting :confused:! I believe you are correct in the way that works, but i could be wrong as well. So, boom, the cookie starts to crumble :p.

Reaction score
    • Hardware Store
    It is off by default.

Ah, here they are.

Or do all of them.

It could also refer to manually edited blueprints that contain more/less/other blocks than they cost.