blueprint and template folders

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    Can we get folders for blueprints and templates? After building many ships and stations my directories are full of files looking like Aesthetic_shippart_dimensions_Function.smtpl or Faction_ship_class_dps_sheilds_health_LxWxH. It gets cumbersome to scroll and find what I need. It would be much more efficient if we could save these into different folders.

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    i hope you know there really isn't no reason to put folders into folders, theres aleady a templates and blueprints folder, just organize your bps and templates in alphabetical order, and the 1st example you listed the "Aesthetic_shippart_dimensions_Function.smtpl", the .smtpl stands for StarMade TemPLate. having such things in seperate folders would then be very annoying to go folder to folder finding what i need.

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    but this would be optional. You don't need a sophisticated sorting system. It is already alphabetical, but to scroll through everything to get to the last letters is cumbersome.

Lukwan

Human
    Reaction score
    I'm with you on this one. I have a ton of build ideas that I am sitting on while I wait for some more streamlining in the build process. I want to devote a huge amount of time designing and storing templates to make building faster and more modular. Right now I find the templates troublesome to organize and the paste-function has me baffled. Yes, I could devote time to slog though it but I don't want SM to be work...I come here to play.

On that note thanks, Crusade for:

Forum additions

And for an effective solution to the template-paste issue: The fix for broken copy/paste: add a base point!

Last edited: