Blueprint Aesthetic Modifications and Hull Upgrading

Reaction score
    The ability to swap armor colors and the levels of hulls (regular, standard, advanced) within blueprints, so that ships can be spawned in a different color palette, or varying armor strengths (and as such, varying prices).

The second suggestion might be questionable, in the scheme of balance, but the first is a must have :3

Last edited:
    Reactions: kiraen and Lecic

TheOmega

The reason Deb needs meds
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    How would this work? Not all ships are monochromatic. The ships with interiors would be a problem too. By up-gradable I think you mean basic>standard>advanced armor, correct?

Please elaborate.

Reaction score
    There was something for this, forgot the name but it let you easily repaint the ships, until now its the filter-replace option what is available...

But in the blueprint is something different, however upgrading a select group of blocks isn't a bad idea "Hulls in this case", like designating what hulls are in what group, however it is costy to do so... Unless they add drag n click stuff...

About TheOmega, The problem is not Monochrome, interiors would be left intact if they are not the same hull color "Filter and replace all block with a Type" sort of stuff is possible right now...

Kinda agree, elaborate more, Make this thread bulkier! hehe

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Having a "swap color" would be useful.
    I'd imagine you'd have to have a setting for each block color, as well as settings to changes crystals/lights/circuits/etc as well.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    Would be neat if you could spawn a ship even if missing certain parts just like the copy and paste does now. You know in case you really just dont need those extra decorative computers ;)

Reaction score
    Would be neat if you could spawn a ship even if missing certain parts just like the copy and paste does now. You know in case you really just dont need those extra decorative computers ;)
    Your precious 2.5m block ship is missing 1m blocks... XD, Err with are you sure pop-up right?

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'm new around here so maybe this has been suggested or rejected before ... if so, I apologize (I did a search and didn't see it but I could have missed it), but it is kind of a continuation of the "pick a color and / or type" idea... have a few hull blocks that are specifically "Generic Hull 1", "Generic Hull 2" that, when used by the builders, notes that those blocks can be modified by the person using the blueprint. Having a couple types can allow for various colors throughout the build (interior, exterior, accent etc...).

Maybe it is easier just to have the option to color / quality change existing hull blocks to whatever in the blueprint, but I could see having a few "generic" block choices for things like hull, lighting, doors and such, allowing the person using the blueprint some flexibility on look and price and also giving the designers the freedom to just make their ships and know they are not "locking" someone in to how many thousands of an Advanced armor.

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I'm tempted to set this as "planned" as the proposed shipyard system should give you the ability to edit a ghost of a ship, save the blueprint and then have the shipyard build that ship. It's not exactly what you're asking for but it's at least something.

Reaction score
    I'm tempted to set this as "planned" as the proposed shipyard system should give you the ability to edit a ghost of a ship, save the blueprint and then have the shipyard build that ship. It's not exactly what you're asking for but it's at least something.
    That would probably work. Though if that were the case, i think that whatever list the blueprints are stored in (catalog or whatever the shipyards going to do) should have folders or something. To better organize things.