bloooooooooooooood

jontyfreack

Pipe-God-Emperor of starmade
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    I was pondering about while playing starmade the other day, and I thought to myself "hmm what is that substance that is in veins and arteries and is important for transporting oxygen in the human body? ah. blood that is it" and I have come to an idea that (most likely to be a graphical option) their could be blood spatter on blocks.

essentially just 'painting' the surface/surfaces of a block that is within a set distance to an entity when it 'dies' (an entity such as a spider, npc, or the player) to give the illusion of blood spatter.

These are some examples of what the 'blood' option might look like.

I personally think that if this where to be implemented, it would have to be a client based option because not everyone wants to see blood in a game like this.

And now for the reason I did not put this in suggestions.
    I kinda want to see what some people could come up with keeping in mind this blood 'painting' idea. and then if people want to see blood in game (most unlikely) I will post it in suggestions. but for now this thread is just some fun to be had.

also it would be quite 'fun' for a bit of a backstory/story/lore to be made with your versions of blood spray.

"I had been a fool to let them near. I thought they would simply let us pass without any trouble. Oh how I was wrong. I sit here now in the blood of my crew and the blood of the raiders. Blood was shed on both sides, but I am the last standing. I must prepare the jump drive to get away from this sector. I now speak to anyone who gets this message. Keep away from the asteroids, their is a type of station there, it seams like a mining outpost. It is overrun by pirates. I must go, I fear that the shields have been breached again."
    starmade-screenshot-0147.png

So basically have fun making blood spatter in your ships/stations and write small stories from them.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    let's throw in some lego-style body parts blocks too...
    You can have three (two?) of them in a cryo tube to represent frozen crew, or you can have them lying on the ground in groups (or alone?) to represent dead guys.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    Will the blood stain disappear after a while so people can't get things painted red for free.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    Will the blood stain disappear after a while so people can't get things painted red for free.
    "hmm, I'm bored of my white ship. Should be red, time to slaughter one million NPC's"

I have no problem with this.

Reactions: Master_Artificer
    Reaction score
    "hmm, I'm bored of my white ship. Should be red, time to slaughter one million NPC's"

I have no problem with this.
    I'm only ok with this if the "blood" is a different color red than the red blocks... If i go out and slaughter countless thousands of npcs players and other living things i damn sure want people to tell that my ship is stained red with the blood of my enemies not... man this guy has no color sense.....

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I'm only ok with this if the "blood" is a different color red than the red blocks... If i go out and slaughter countless thousands of npcs players and other living things i damn sure want people to tell that my ship is stained red with the blood of my enemies not... man this guy has no color sense.....
    Imagine the spray from space whales! Time for windscreen wipers :D

Keptick

Building masochist
    Reaction score
    • Councillor 2 Gold
    • Railman Gold
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    Could look like an actual splatter, there's already a texture overlay for damaged blocks. The code for that could probably be adapted to a "blood overlay". And a wiper mechanic, because those space whale stains won't clean themselves from my solar-windshield.

Reaction score
    If we only had solar power .... "Sir the power's down to 50%. I did recommend not ramming the whale sir. I'll get a 'red-shirt' to go clean it."

jayman38

Precentor-Primus, pro-tempore
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I want to play Viscera Cleanup Detail now.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Top Forum Contributor
    I wanna be able to decapitate people with a light saber and then play soccer with their heads :3 good family fun

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Dammit, crimson beat me to giving blood to the blood god!

SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    All we need now is a plugin from the guys that made Visceral Cleanup Detail.