blocks to have moving parts on ships

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hoepfully the rails are 3d capable and don't have to have physical parts, for maximum flexibilty.

Reaction score
    Oh man I so want this, I have so many ideas already that I am going nuts not being able to do them currently.

Reaction score
    Since rail systems are here now, I want to add to this discussion, that I strongly dislike the necessity to have a ship core on any docked entity. This prevents anything cool with a gun on it being built. I'm not talking about turrets here. Imagine this: you have your huuuge ship with large compressed guns stored on the inside. When entering battle (or really just showing off) you press a button and suddenly huge gates on the sides of your ship open up and your weapons come out and once they're out, they expand in some cool way to their full size.. and all that only realized with rails!!

I don't want to have Bobby controlling those guns. I don't want to enter a different ship core to use them. I want to feel like the captain of a hardcore battlestation and stay in the cockpit.

If you take the core out of the rail system and made it possible to just build stuff on rails, that would make it a whole lot easier to create automated gates or expanding areas or whatever one could think of...

Reaction score
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Master Builder Bronze
    you can control them without a bobby ai. you just need to use wireless logic blocks and in-ship controllers to toggle the weapons.

Winterhome

Way gayer than originally thought.
    Reaction score
    you can control them without a bobby ai. you just need to use wireless logic blocks and in-ship controllers to toggle the weapons.
    Bobby AI doesn't aim the turret itself precisely enough for that to work well. More often than not, turrets are about 10 degrees off from their actual target.

Reaction score
    As Azereiah already mentioned, aming is still a problem. And all that feels like dirty workarounds.. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to simply build a rail, build a rail docker on top of it and go. Why do you need a ship core in a moving platform, a custom lift, a multi-segment hangar door?

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    As Azereiah already mentioned, aming is still a problem. And all that feels like dirty workarounds.. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to simply build a rail, build a rail docker on top of it and go. Why do you need a ship core in a moving platform, a custom lift, a multi-segment hangar door?
    The ship core is a vestige of early alpha. Hopefully it goes away soon. As for rails, they need multiple entities to work. Sticking a rail docker on top of a rail like that sounds nice, but it would be difficult to tell which entity you're building on after that. Maybe the shipyard update will sort this out for us.