Block not placed. Area not 'initialised'.

Reaction score
    Latest dev build, I can't finish my space station because when I try and place my scaffolding it tells me: (exactly)

"Block not placed. Area not initialized yet. Please place block slower."

Well, I've waited a good 30 minutes now, and I still get the message. Even placing ONE block triggers the message.

It's 191M long. I've seen planets that longer. What gives? How do I 'initialise' the area? This is getting to me because my station is so close to completion.

Answers el rapido pronto, gracias.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    I get that sometimes in release, its when the next chunk hasnt been made ready for blocks to be placed, so you need to wait for that, usually disappears after a minute at the very most. You are playing a dev build, maybe it broke

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Top Forum Contributor
    • Legacy Citizen
    You could try exiting the game. I unfortunately only ever fixed it when I broke the ship core, but that was for a tiny ship...

Reaction score
    Hey I think I finally found a small workaround, or at least it worked for me last time I hit this and it didn't want to go away. I found the edge of the no build area and dumped a template past that ran from outside one side of the no place zone right into it. After that I could keep building like normal like a it acted as a kick start for the area or something.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1420024754,1420024703][/DOUBLEPOST]only worked with a template though, trying to use standard mass build just says no.