block bonus calculator

Reaction score
    I'm look for a calculator that could calculate block bonus and power usage eg. I would input a desired amount of damage/number of blocks/power usage for an amc and the it would tell me the power usage/number of blocks needed/damage of the cannon array.

is there a calculator like that out there.

Reaction score
    Hi,

I wouldn\'t mind something like this myself; so I\'ll do you a deal.

If you do all of the hard work finding all the formulas and designing what the \"user input\" dialog box/es should look like (for all types of blocks - not just AMC, but missiles, power, shields, thrust, etc); then I\'ll determine if your work was sane and practical.

If your work was sane and practical; and if it\'s not going to take too long for me to do (e.g. less than a week); I\'ll implement it (as java with swing UI) and release the source code as GPL (so that everyone can use the calculator, and anyone can add/remove/modify the calculator\'s code).

Reaction score
    For the formulas you could look into the starmade wiki - althrough I\'m pretty sure that they are partly wrong. You could also ask schema directly or look them up in the code. If you get the formulas I could offer you an excel sheet that will calculate the block count etc. Just PM me if you have them, I\'ll post it if I\'m finished :)

Reaction score
    Hi,

The only formulas on any of the different wikis that are actually correct is the power generation and shield capacity formulas. All other formulas are either obsolete (wrong) or missing entirely.

Reaction score
    I don\'t have any experience with java coding so I can\'t help with finding the formulas (If I knew them I would probably just make my own calculator). If anyone reads this knows the formulas then please feel free to share the knowledge.

Reaction score
    Hi,

You don\'t need to know Java to find the formulas. Mostly it\'s about getting \"sample data\" from the game (e.g. see what reload time you get with 1 AMC block, 2 AMC blocks, ..., 2000 AMC blocks, 5000 AMC blocks) and then trying to find a formula (using \"trial and error\") that gives results that match the sample data.

This means guessing a \"potential formula\", then calculating the results and comparing them to the sample data; then modifying the \"potential formula\" to improve the results until it\'s accurate enough. You can use anything you like to calculate the results of the \"potential formula\" (e.g. spreadsheet, pen and paper, etc).

Reaction score
    I don\'t have the time on my hands to conduct such an experiment sry like I said anyone who knows feel free to share cause I\'m not going to be getting any formulas anytime soon.