Block balance for Role-Play. Impossible? Improve!

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    http://sm40k.enjin.com/forum/m/20737311/viewthread/11022869-basic-rules-for-universe

They aim to balance everything like in Warhammer 40k.

I like it. In warhammer, weapons are a lot weaker compared to HP.

Also almost all ships are closer together in strength. Just a bit more firepower right here, losses on both sides and slow combat. Afaik I know from the game "WH40k - Dark Crusade".

But what is possible with StarMade?

You need to limit weapons and shields manually via agreement.

Every such agreement is a short version of : valid power = cost*d + dimensions*c + mass*b + basic.

Thrust ratio, power consumtion from thrusters, from amcs and shield maximum or regen - everything can use this formula. And you balance the cost of each sub-system with individual block cost. But only for certain size!!!

Now, do you see?

It doesn't fit for both - fighter and titan. AMCs and Shields will have different ratios in power than cost.

Independent on what the future balance on weapons might be ... I think we need a way to customize it without bytecode hacks.

Jammers and cloakers are almost impossible for RP ships (hull).

Sometimes it just need cloak and jam be available for a limited time, like each ship can jam+cloak based on the percentage of power storage blocks and cooldown (or even perma?) is based on percentage of used power blocks (compared to total)

Assumed there is a good and "easy to do" way to implement customizeable power consumtion and formulas.

What do you think?

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    0 Negative.

0 can\'t be negative. It is positive.

0 Negative is \"undefined\" ya know?

If you remain negative with 0 oppinion, you are undefined. Not positive or negative in any way :P

If you want to vote this thread down so badly ... tell us your reasoning! And if you are not just against RP, we might consider your \"vote\" valid :)