Blitzwing (Faction)

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    Greetings and welcome to the Blitzwing topic (With added grammar!), home to discussion of us, our activities, our members, and how much amusement we obtain from watching folks squirm about in pitiful spacecraft just waiting to be shot down... But of course we hold back.

Before we get to the beef, let me introduce us! We began as a sub-faction in Tribes 2, focusing on making vehicular combat useful and rewarding to the team effort as a whole, as well as other craziness like using tractor beams to launch meter-large mines across the map or using orbital MANTA stations as mortar platforms. Fun times. Eventually we rose to our own faction, and then as Tribes 2 slowly bled out of it's members, we became the only faction left on our server... So we spread.

Now, we have our home in the wonderful Gamerhaus community, a home for many neat games and very to Starmade as well. Our origional crew consisted of Blitzclaw274, Shrike, M31ster, TFBundy, Drakethesly, and I.

Nowadays, I can't even keep track of who all flies under our name. We're in Minecraft (Sorta), League of Legends, World of Tanks, War Thunder, Planetside 2, and IL2: Sturmovik officially. Oh, and now Starmade, woo!

We're one of the oldest factions in Starmade, and the second-oldest faction still standing. We're a branch of the gamerhaus.org community, and all good friends with each other.

Roster:

TFBundy - Prime Admiral, Insane

MrFURB - Political Representative, First Admiral

Shriker - Logistics, First Admiral

Calbiri - Shipwright, Admiral

Luketheduke - Scapegoat, Veteran

Cave_Johnson - R&D, Veteran

Apmenard - R&D, Pilot

Und34dmuffin - MIA

Elecrikcat - MIA

EspiOwnage - Veteran

m31ster - Pilot

Lithiya - MIA

Alviss - Veteran

Armada:

BW_Gnat- Current/Uploaded version: 5 Thrust/Mass: ???/??? Credits: 275,000

Now upgraded many times, each having more great technology added in, this little baby is a joy. The Gnat is our golden standard for fighter-bombers and general purpose adventuring craft! Outfitted with a wide range of subsystems to fill every role, the Gnat has basic energy shielding, sleek armor that renders radar signals weakened, and an array of salvage equipment. It's main cannons draw as much energy as possible to achieve a staggeringly high DPS. Once the cannons have punctured through the shields of it's target, two heavy-hitting computer-guided missile racks will make a smoking wreck of whatever fool happened to ruin your peaceful trip into hostile space.

BW_Hellfire- Current/Uploaded version: 3 Thrust/Mass: ???/??? Credits: 7,400,000

One of the oldest designs to leave the mighty Blitzwing shipyards, the battleship Hellfire is a deadly medium-range bombardment vessel capable of destroying almost any capital ship from across a sector! With all the regular Blitzwing goodies, the Hellfire makes for a sneaky opponent with a slim profile that is easy to miss at range! Powerful ion thrusters propel the Hellfire mercilessly towards (Or very quickly away from) enemies while equally powerful reaction/strafe thrusters ensure that enemy cannon-fire loses it's accuracy, giving it a solid edge in long-range warfare!

The Prowler- Current/Uploaded version: 2 Thrust/Mass: 55,000/14,000 Credits: 45,000,000

The Prowler was custom-made to fit a role that hasn't been needed before; A superheavy capital ship that wins fights by outlasting it's opponent! Outfitted with the standard heavy reactor, the Prowler pulls in just under 2 million e/sec, but unlike smaller craft, it's focus lies upon a massive storage system. Half the Prowler's mass is located in an enormous pair of energy capacitors that link to provide an infinitely powerful energy flow to shielding and weapons that would normally be unsustainable.

BW_Predator- Current/Uploaded version: 1 Thrust/Mass: 580/60 Credits: 240,000

Purposefully built to excell in light skirmishes, the Predator also makes an excellent scouting craft as it can handle almost any threat with either superior maneuverability or a top-of-the-line permenant cloaking/jamming system, of which it has both. It's tiny forward profile makes it extremely difficult to hit at range, and it comes equipped with a pair of medium-range cannons and enough shields to shrug off a few blows.

BW_Wyvern- Current/Uploaded version: 0 Thrust/Mass: Est.100,000/Est.45,000 Credits: ???

The Wyvern began as a project to replace both the outdated Drake and Prowler as the armada's mainline titan class capital ship. Partway through it's prototyping stage the Prowler was updated, thus halting work on the Wyvern. When the need for a mobile command and carrier unit arose, work began once again on the Wyvern. The Wyvern is 300 meters long, covered in sleek black armor and well defended with both turret and ship docks aplenty. Operating alone, it is a deadly opponent with a pair of massive cannon arrays capable of melting through even the strongest of defenses. A pair of dumbfire rocket launchers hold enough power to wipe out a city in a single volley, yet move and reload quickly. It's true strength comes in when it's at the center of a small fleet. Combining it's own firepower with that of turrets and other ships, it's a nightmare to anything it comes across.

BW_Bastion- Current/Uploaded version: 0 Thrust/Mass: Est.800,000/Est.500,000 Credits: ???

Built of the lessons learned from the Raxyus, Necalyth, Dragon, and Prowler projects. The need for a mobile command center and superheavy assault support ship becomes clear as logistical support grows ever more important. Built to carry an entire fleet within it's shielded hull, the Bastion's immense size makes it privy to frequent attacks which it responds to with firepower similar to that of a Prowler. An array of turrets as large as a battleship have been designed specifically for the Bastion, quickly followed by a heat-seeking scattermissile system of unprecedented size. The many decks of the Bastion allow for people to quickly and safely reach docked craft and turrets and it can hold enough soldiers or pilots for an entire invasion force. Every Bastion created shall be the centerpiece of a fleet.

Retired Ships:

FURBmobile, Gnat -v1 -v2 -v3 -v3-B, Hunter v1 -v2 -v2-E -v2-B -v2-G, Gunship, Drake, Armifer, Predator -v1-E, Raxyus, Necalyth

Anything you've got to say is welcome here! I'll try to post any important news and such and keep all the lists updated, so if you're interested in our doings keep checking this out.

*Salute*

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Are you german?
    Cause some of your names and the factions\' name sound very german.
    Btw Im german too.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    I do have a certain amount of German blood in me, aye. But it\'s all shrouded in mystery and the answers lie a few continents away, so I\'m not sure exactly what my bloodline is.

MrFURB

Madman of the Girders
    Reaction score
    For now I\'m including all of the Gamerhaus members that I know play. It\'ll change once we have a more official faction setup going.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i have a ship design... a corvette to a point that i want to give to the group aswell.

Reaction score
    hi

i am a very creative person with a lot of time on my hands. i am currently working on a full size enterprise to start my own faction. i was wondering i dont want to be a full member but could i be a ship designer. i excell at making fighters and super-freaking-awsome-huge-ships. not so good in the middle but i can do a nice light bomber or gunship.;)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hi guys,

So, I`m german, thats it what the name let become interesting for me. But if I become a member of the fleet, is there a rule, how much time I must be online per day/week/month? If not its great, but if, I don`t now if I come to you.

It would be great if you could recruit me.

Greetings

inoos

Reaction score
    \'s been a while, I know, but I\'m back aand ready to build. Let me know if you\'ve a spare place for me.