Blast Doors (Logic Activation)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    This is a simple suggestion for the addition of blast doors. These doors may or may not be stronger than regular plex doors but the biggest difference being they can only be activated with the logic system via activation blocks. I would personally prefer they be stronger as well but that's not required. The logic system will need doors that simply cannot bypass the logic connected to it by simply clicking on the door (think iron doors in minecraft)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    I think that blast doors would be a great addition, both for security and aesthetics. You'd have ways to engineer in bulkheads, to seal off corridors or hangers. For those of you who love building wide observation decks, now you've got some beefy shutters so the pirates won't scratch up your plexglass. ;)

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    If added, then they should be much stronger. So far plex doors, if on claimed entity, can't be opened by player from the outside of the faction, so these blast doors would be useful only against members of own faction.

Or just simply - if plex doors are connected to the activation blocks, they can't be opened "by hand"

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I'd also like to see more endurable version of the doors. And i think not being able to open doors connected to activator blocks "by hand" would be pretty good feature at making security doors which require password to open them (certain order of activating blocks, or many other combinations).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    • Thinking Positive
    Well, in my personal opinion, Minecraft had it right. Wooden doors can be opened 'by hand' but Iron doors need a switch to open. Iron doors are more sturdier as a result. I know this isn't Minecraft, but it's a relevant example.

Have your standard Plex Doors, which can be opened by either hand or logic block, and then have your Plex Blast Doors which are much tougher, but can only be opened if they are 'powered' (basically switched on by a logic block).

Reaction score
    Well, lock away build blocks so only a certain code can open, so that they cant go in build mode and find out a code, wait nvm, codes are nearly impossible unless they are to long and complicated to decipher, build mode of a core, speaking of which, I say I need a new thread

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I would also like terminals (similar to display blocks) where you can enter a text and it activates a logic block next to all other terminals with the same text entered.
    This would allow a many-bit to many-bit comparison without 8 logic blocks for 1 bit memory.

A simple way to restrict door access is to make plex-doors on the floor with area trigger blocks (or other non-physical walk-through) or force-field blocks above them.

The only way to open such doors is if your out of gravity and can get close enough to them "with your breast" (or head?).

Reaction score
    I prefer change nothing from door, they work like armor ( upgrade ) but yes i would like to see ANY door using logic, i use a simple system to clock the door after open to auto close, but for now that need a activator and if we open directly the door it doens't work

Reaction score
    how about Forcefield doors ?
    They shouldn't be open by hand, or hand will get burn by the forcefield, right?

Reaction score
    I prefer change nothing from door, they work like armor ( upgrade ) but yes i would like to see ANY door using logic, i use a simple system to clock the door after open to auto close, but for now that need a activator and if we open directly the door it doens't work
    By the way, thanks for digging this Thread out, it is a year old :D
    If you place area trigger modules in front of a door you are not able to open the door with your hands because the invisible logic blocks "hide" this option behind.
    I haven´t tried this since the newer two updates but it should work :)