biological ship

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I have recently played the campaign of heart of the swarm and i am willing to reproduce a leviathan

the big one
    so i was wondering if you had some building tricks (blocs i should use, motif i should build ...) in order to make a ship which seems biological ?

It would be awsome to see some kind of living ship mechanic implemented in the future ( tyranide/zerg powa ) and i would like to know what the starmade community thinks about it, how do you think a living ship mechanic could be implemented ?

Reaction score
    I support this thread / idea. plus if we had some kind of research mechanic involved we could have mad scientist labs of horror! lol
    always did enjoy bio-ships tho, like farscape, lexx, flight of the navigator etc...

edit: a good multi use decoration block would be like a colored pool of animated goo, could use in bio ships or mech ships as a vat of liquid

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Competition Winner - Small Fleets
    When trying to make anything biological and organic I normally build a rough shape by placing 5x5x5 cubes and then carve down the cubes to get the final shape.

It's much easier to take away then it is to build a frame and the. Try to make it look biological and organic afterwards.

D

Deleted member 433088

The only thing I can think of is that it's kinda hard to get an "organic" look with angled voxels... you'll probably have to build in a massive scale so the shapes smooth over. That been said, I'm interested in seeing the outcome.

You must spawn more Overlords

Reaction score
    Reminds me of my last girlfriend. You might be able to do this with the carved mineral blocks.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I may have dated her once too... I love the idea of organic ships, though I don't think I can handle building one myself without taking years. If it pans out, I'd love to feature the ship as a mob/boss on Ragnarok.