Bin Hawkins's building corner

Reaction score

Hello Star Made. so it's been a really long time since I posted anything to the dock. but that has nothing to do with you guys I've been really busy getting married and doing fun real life stuff. anyway just because I have been AFK for some time doesn't mean I am gone for good. I am back and working on new and old builds. I will be using this thread to keep you guys up to date on my builds and answer any question you might have about a build I'm working on or any suggestions you might have for one of my builds.

now for those of you that are not familiar with my work I'm most well known for my Star ship Enterprise from star trek into darkness.

I have also built quite a few other ships that I will show off here and maybe up load to the dock as well. but this thread will be mostly saved for my work in progress builds

the build that I'm really wanting to show off in this form and the build that has driven me to share my work again is this

The Battlestar Galactica. call me old fashioned and unoriginal all you want but no body seams to want to give this girl the proper build she deserves. so I give you the original battlestar from the late 1970s. she's also the largest build I have ever built coming in at 1200 meters. I will give a more detailed post on her later. I will post pictures of the entire build process so you know I built her legit.

Last edited:
    Reaction score
    Aww yeah, a 1970 Galactica. I'm hoping you get the Viper Launch-tubes installed. (the pickup-rails should help make that work.)

Reaction score
    Aww yeah, a 1970 Galactica. I'm hoping you get the Viper Launch-tubes installed. (the pickup-rails should help make that work.)
    the viper tubes are already under construction. I'm having fun working out how to do them as they are supposed to launch at a 45 and not a 90. so making the tubes and the launch system is proving to be the hardest part.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    Niiice! about time someone did a accurate build of the icon 70's battlestar instead of soap-opera star galactica:coffee: i'll be watching this one.

Reaction score
    so I'm going to start posting the some of the pictures of the galactica starting with the wire frame to where I have it now.

starting to fill in the hull

starting to add the large details.

and now here she is today. still working on the larger detail objects. but it's coming along. I also started trying to build the viper tubes. the launch system may have to be a manual system though as I can't get the viper to swap entities. I also have some of the interior to show off.

interior

hope you guys like what I've got going here. leave you're comments and suggestion below. tell next time happy building guys.

Reaction score
    Awesome interior, I particularly like the lower bridge area. You've manged to cover it in displays/consoles without the limited number of types of blocks looking ridiculously repetitive which has always happened when I've tried to do similar things.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!

the build that I'm really wanting to show off in this form and the build that has driven me to share my work again is this

The Battlestar Galactica. call me old fashioned and unoriginal all you want but no body seams to want to give this girl the proper build she deserves. so I give you the original battlestar from the late 1970s. she's also the largest build I have ever built coming in at 1200 meters. I will give a more detailed post on her later. I will post pictures of the entire build process so you know I built her legit.

Reaction score
    Hello everyone been a while since I posted any updates on here. I'm trying to get back in to building on the Galactica and a few other ships. here are some videos I made showing off what I've done with the Galactica so far.
    hope you guys like what I'm doing and thanks for sticking with me this far.
    [doublepost=1561506974,1561506755][/doublepost]I have also been working on another ship that i'm sure a lot of you might be excited about. I will let the update video I made speak for it's self.
    keep watching for more updates on my builds to find out when they will be coming to a dock near you.

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    BinHawkins2013

To build the launch tubes the way you want you could use a docked entity on a rail rotator with one activator module, docked inside the pod... the dock would be exactly on a 45 degree angle, if I'm not mistaken.

You could create the pods individually docked or maybe dock the whole thing using just one rotator... I'm just not sure if there will be any impact on CPU or lag due to big docked entities, but it would probably be worth.

Oh yea, check my signature, the slasher from the last pic use this system to have the rotated upper wings.

Reaction score
    I did try that method already but found that I was unable to do the other stuff I wanted to do. like auto load and launch vipers. it also was taking up more room then I wanted them to and it was making designing the launch bay a little to much of a pain then I wanted. plus because there are two flight pods the docked launch tubes would have to be build separately from one another. this way of doing it make more since and allows me to do more with the vipers in the long run. it also makes for a cleaner and more optimized interior.

Reactions: klawxx

klawxx

Product Manager - Roden Shipyards
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Likeable
    I did try that method already but found that I was unable to do the other stuff I wanted to do. like auto load and launch vipers. it also was taking up more room then I wanted them to and it was making designing the launch bay a little to much of a pain then I wanted. plus because there are two flight pods the docked launch tubes would have to be build separately from one another. this way of doing it make more since and allows me to do more with the vipers in the long run. it also makes for a cleaner and more optimized interior.
    Oh, I see... Too bad there isn't a rail wedge. That would be awesome.

Reilly Reese

#1 Top Forum Poster & Raiben Jackpot Winner
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    I know a rail wedge would be awesome. Make it happen schine.
    It would still take up a lot of space I think because the sudden change to 45 degrees would require a lot of empty space directly below the ramp and your rail docker would need to be tall enough to make room for the ship or entity so that it doesn't collide with the flat rails behind it.