Billboard Fleets for Merchants

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    For those of you who have figured out how finagle the horrible player shops into something that actually conducts profitable trade, here's a nice new option I've discovered.

Build a "Billboard" ship. Large, 2D message with your sector and message, basic thrust, blinky-light logic if wanted, faction module. Keep it cheap (cause it's gonna get vandalized and you'll need to make them regularly). Save the BP of it.

Now add your billboard to its own little fleet, and send it from your base to spawn or other strategically located shops. If you log back in and it's not on the fleet list anymore, spawn another and order it to fly out there.

Viola! Advertising.

Reactions: Dorinic

StormWing0

Leads the Storm
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    lol The Board will be the flagship and a swarm of drones around it to guard it. :)

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Likeable
    lol The Board will be the flagship and a swarm of drones around it to guard it. :)
    I thought of guarding it with fighters, but decided not to waste money half-defending something I can't actually defend. It's been working as well - sent a few out and logged in yesterday to find a random noob-rocket abandoned outside my base. Like what we find at spawn.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 9
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    That is an amazing idea ! Now, just imagine when we get the ability to tell ships to patrol. You could have many billboard ships going through all the high traffic shop areas. Would also be funny to see BS advertisements now and then. Just flying by you.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    "Will crush souls of your enemies for food"
    -contact Zeke -16 6 27

Like that?