Bigger Bullets: The quest for a more epic StarMade

Reaction score
    I actually really like this idea. I think that the choose output size thing is a bit simple, but I don't know how else you'd do it. There needs to be some negative, for balance sake.
    Perhaps an equation along the lines of, size of projectile (m) = number of blocks in group x 0.5(total mass of ship)
    or something like that. I times it by mass of ship because it would have made the projectile incredibly small in fighters, shuttles and other small craft.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    Why not just add some math to the code that increases the projectile size based on the amount of connected blocks, just as the damage increases based on this. But cap the size at a specified number so that people can't make planet sized missiles or something.
    Yeah, but what if I want to launch small projectiles from a big cannon for whatever reason? Also, I suggested that the lower the damage is compared to the size, it sucks much more power, to make a 200x1x200 cannon use more power than it would be worth as a blinding effect.

Anyway, projectile size doesn't matter as much because the damage is spread out over a distance. It's not like a 200 damage cannon is doing 200 damage to each block it hits, but say 50 to each block it hits with a 4 thick barrel.

It certainly doesn't matter with a jumbo missile because the explosion size would still be the same anyway.

I'm not sure if this makes much sense with the new weapons system. But at least the size of the graphical effect of projectiles/beams/missiles should be proportional to their damage. It looks ridiculous when a huge cannon fires tiny bullets.
    Why wouldn't it work with the new weapons system? If it would work with the old it should work with the new. Beams could get thicker just like cannons.

Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You're missing the point. It would be more ridiculous if your giant death beam only broke one block at a time. And Malacador, take the time to read the FIRST WORDS of this suggestion.
    I'm still not sure if it makes sense. :p
    What I meant was that I don't have suffient information about the new weapon system to validate your suggestion, I didn't say it's bad.

Lecic

Convicted Lancake Abuser
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive Gold
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 11
    I'm still not sure if it makes sense. :p
    What I meant was that I don't have suffient information about the new weapon system to validate your suggestion, I didn't say it's bad.
    The new weapons all use the same basic projectile and beam, just different effects, so there's no reason they wouldn't work with this.

Reaction score
    I think I remember seeing a really well thought-out thread while the original site was up that did a great job describing the problem, and the proposed solution. I'll see if I can dig that up. And yes, I do agree, that would improve the current combat experience.

Edit: Found it. It's older, and a good chunk of what was mentioned has been implemented recently, but there is still some good stuff in there. http://oldsite.star-made.org/content/my-take-new-amc-system

Last edited: