Big planets

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    so at the moment we have planets that kinda suck... If not completely mined away youll find them to be dull but the thing that pops out the most is how small they are, this is why I am proposing a large planet 20x bigger than planets we have now these large planets have almost NO ore, and are quite flat, there is relief but its more like plains and forests, why flat? Because the planets crust is only 4 blocks thick + one layer of undestructible blocks under the destructible blocks (kinda like bedrock in MC) this is for performance reasons, each solar system only has 1-3 of these and the big planets are perfect for base building

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Over-suggested topic.

It would be cool to have a non-editable planet with a few building sites and a few mining sites - every now and then.

I like a landscape, canyons to fly through (similar to a racer game) to find your hidden base entrance and underground tunnels going from building site to building site.
    Building sites could be aligned to each other, rather than having disconnected plates.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Over-suggested topic.

It would be cool to have a non-editable planet with a few building sites and a few mining sites - every now and then.

I like a landscape, canyons to fly through (similar to a racer game) to find your hidden base entrance and underground tunnels going from building site to building site.
    Building sites could be aligned to each other, rather than having disconnected plates.
    Some games managed to have editable huge planets.

sayerulz

Identifies as a T-34
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    You can increase the size of planets in the config, in theory to as big as you want. But If you make them as big as you are imagining, then I doubt that your computer could handle it, or if yours can, most others will not be able to. Your idea could allow for bigger planets to be sure, but at 20x the size, you will still end up rendering far more blocks. Empyrion Galactic survival and space engineers have managed planets on this sort of scale, but those are games that run in totally different engines than starmade, and are not really comparable. Also, in the case of Empyrion, the planets appear to be a different instance from space, something which Schema has, as I recall, said he does not want to do.