Suggested Better scanners!

Reaction score
    I think that scanners need to be better. They should detect non piloted entities so that maybe one can find something interesting in space.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 7
    • Community Content - Silver 1
    • Purchased!
    I could have done with one of those some time ago. I sent my cloaking ship off as part of a fleet and accidentally deleted it from the fleet while they were in mid flight!

I hunted and hunted but simply couldn't find it. Would have been so useful to have had a scanner that could have detected it!

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    It sounds nice but then Nomade type players that rely on the big emptieness of space can no longer hide anywhere. A Home Base is already kinda mandatory. With this it would be near totally impossible to play without a Home Base.

Not that i don't see the charm in it. I'm a hunter myself i want to consume every floating block that exists out there. But with this where would the challenge of finding it be?

Fleets need a function just like the give coordinates of your last entered core in the Navigation menu. It's allready a thing in the game code. It should not be to hard to add this option to every fleet you spawn. So not just search last fleet but a search switch on every single fleet you add.

Reactions: Quadro
    Reaction score
    It sounds nice but then Nomade type players that rely on the big emptieness of space can no longer hide anywhere. A Home Base is already kinda mandatory. With this it would be near totally impossible to play without a Home Base.

Not that i don't see the charm in it. I'm a hunter myself i want to consume every floating block that exists out there. But with this where would the challenge of finding it be?

Fleets need a function just like the give coordinates of your last entered core in the Navigation menu. It's allready a thing in the game code. It should not be to hard to add this option to every fleet you spawn. So not just search last fleet but a search switch on every single fleet you add.
    I mean there would still be a challenge, scan radius is something like 4 sectors and the galaxy is thousands.

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    threres been talks for awhile on revamping the scanning system. So in a way it is planned, we just don't know what the details are yet.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    Fleet log would be a great idea. See who attacked who, if fleet has scanner on them. And like log on where it has been deleted or destroyed and position on where it spawned.