Better Salvage Cannon/Harvester

Reaction score
    Hey all! Posting my idea for salvage cannons. At the moment they currently work OK in that they have a single block width beam.

Essentially I would propose an idea for a salvage cannon/harvester that would ouput a 2x2 block beam to salvage with. Or, a beam splitter that would take the output of on salvage cannon and split it into 2 or more depending on how many beam splitters are attached(within reasonable limits).

With this increase would also call for much, much larger asteroids, or a serious decrease in salvaging speed to balance things out. Or maybe even both.

Thoughts?

Reaction score
    this feature would benefit SATURN by a huge amount, but just remember the game is still in alpha, schema will be working on the bugs more than added features

Reaction score
    no offense, but what is this suggestion trying to solve, other than the visual effect? you can increase salvage area by staggering your beams in checkerboards or even just lining them up and moving your ship and they will spread.

also, why is this benefit to Saturn more than any other server?

salvage rate probably already needs to be reduced, or it be harder to get salvage beams, or the planets and asteroids need to be bigger. one of those

Reaction score
    Yes I understand I can stagger in a checkerboard pattern but that is not a neat, or very efficient resolution. Essentially, this would allow for a neat 2x2 grid of blocks to be salvaged instead of a 1x1 or X by X in an uneven checkerboard where not all of the beams will be used to their maximum potential. This would be about improving neatness and efficiency in the system, at a potential cost of reduced salvage speed.