Better Pirates/random encounters

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah i guess a quest system with such boss fights and stuff would be REALLY cool!^^

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Sorry for the double Post but it just gave me an error, weird :p

Reaction score
    I\'ve been thinking how to improve pirates in my game and I came up with a good design that\'s not very powerful or weak, perfect ship for them. It\'s much stronger than the Isanth design as tested 4 vs 2 waves of 10.

http://i.imgur.com/DCjSS01.png

http://i.imgur.com/1hmATYs.png

http://i.imgur.com/pg96CpG.png

As you can see it\'s a simple design, nothing too fancy.

Reaction score
    This might be useful as a pirate light fighter/scout;

http://star-made.org/node/10226

I\'ve retrofitted the Isanth, and I\'m planning on designing some pirate ships in the future. Stay tuned!

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I quiet like the Design of this one i think it fits well with the original Isanth Design.

@AXNinjaX sorry i cant look at it right now but ill download it this evening:)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    I think this one would be cool as a kinda \'swarm\' ship or something

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Hey there, i created a ship, similiar to the style of the battleship i posted before.

It is way smaller and should be not too bad and not to powerful either.

Stats:

Mass: 28,4

Lenght:16m Height:6m Width:17m

Thrust:73,8

Turning: X:2.6 Y:5.5 Z:2.7

Shields:3490.0(335s/sec) 9Blocks

Link:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xvgl4hqusstn6go/GQWwHEW4l5?n=109470203 Its called \'SmallPirate\', again im not any good with names so i dont even try:p

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Somehow the image of the ship doesnt work, but there is a image in the link...

Reaction score
    I would love to find out how much damage it can do in a fight, and the reload time for each weapon. Other than the turning speed, it\'s a pretty epic ship.

Reaction score
    I have another idea for Pirates where you can turn them off in SinglePlayer in the settings menu when starting the game. Especially since they move in the latest full update.

Reaction score
    You can have pirates and the trading guild use different ships if you upload them to your local database. Download a few ships that take your eye, and shove them in your StarMade directory, then from the second stage of the launcher you can go to \'Tools\' then \'Open Ship Catalog Manager\'. From there you select the ships to add to your game, then start the game and in \'Catalog\' next to the Factions tab in your inventory you should be able to select it to buy, you can also change the permissions to allow NPC\'s and other users to use those ships.

Hope this helps! :D

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Yeah, thx but that was not a question i guess i knew that it it is possible to change the pirate ships.

Our point was to add more to the vanilla game.

But thanks anyway:)

Reaction score
    • Councillor 3 Gold
    • Wired for Logic
    • Top Forum Contributor
    Vanilla game doesn\'t really need new pirate ships. The default isanth is kind of crappy and only meant to give new players a taste of combat. Servers should be custom tailored by their operators to add what ever pirates they feel necessary.

On that note we need more control over the NPCs in the game, currently trade guild and pirates share a single catalog and that just doesn\'t work well and is very limited. What would be great is if server operators could actually create custom NPC factions and have control over all their stats and attributes like what ships they use and how they act on hostile action or just general ship to ship encounters. Hostile factions attack any ship not allied with them, aggressive attack any ships they are at wart with, passive ones always flee from combat and others will defend only if provoked. Each faction would have their own catalog of ships they have access to and how often to use specific ships so we can give them large ships and they will not spawn in mobs of them.

These factions should also be configured to be player joinable. This would add so much more depth to PVE immersion as you would have access to their catalog and the AI ships that populate the galaxy would act as you ally or enemies depending on your alliances.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Right, but that would only be for multiplayer, and i know it is mainly a multiplayergame, but most people i guess

try the singleplayer first.

And since they are presented with a poor AI and only one kind of hostile ships, they maybe get a bad impression of what the combat system is capable of.

And i dont wanna say that we need 500 new vanilla ships or anything but i guess at least three different sizes of pirates or something would do the job

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    btw, thank you for the compliments about my pirate battleship.

Has anybody tried the small one yet?

And you can still post your pirate ships, so that we can hopefully get some more good results:)