Better mouse usage and general suggestions

Reaction score
    So, I've played Minecraft for a while now, and for about the past 2 weeks, have become completely addicted to StarMade. One thing I noticed between both games, was how you had to single click for each block placement or removal.

Mojang has recently added the function, that allows you to left/right click and hold to place remove blocks. This would be a huge plus for me at least, in the fact that, if we build larger structures or large ships, it's alot of single left clicking to place each individual block, and it really hurts my hand after a while with all that single clicking.

So I'd like to suggest adding the ability to hold down the left/right mouse buttons to place/remove blocks, if it hasn't been suggested already.

I would also like to suggest being able to create single player universes, similar to creating a world in Minecraft.

For example, you could start up StarMade, and at the main screen, Create a Universe, and you'd have a new universe, with 25,000 creds. Let's say you play that universe for a couple weeks, or months, and then decide you want to play a different universe. So again, you would be able to Create a Universe, and start off with 25,000 creds, and the basics that you normally start out with for ship building.

You could even have individual catalogs per universe. And if you didn't want that universe anymore, just like in Minecraft, you could delete it, and start a new one as I mentioned.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen
    but the second is already implemented. SP universes are different from MP universes. More specifically, all universes are different, regardless of if they are MP or SP. To make your SP universe reset, go into the Tools tab in the Start Game menu and click Reset Universe. As for separate catalogs, all you have to do is load or delete different ships in said catalog.

Reaction score
    You can place multiple blocks with advanced build mode (strg or shift? nevermind lol)

It could only get better with the Starforge(not the same game) block placing method

Reaction score
    This is related to 1 bug in block placing. If you don\'t move mouse after placing block, you\'d see that the placed block is not the focused one even if cursor points it. What is focused is something random behind it. So if you click again without moving mouse, it might - in station building case - put a block on wall behind the one you are building. So without first fixing this bug, repeating block placement while holding would cause even more problems.

Reaction score
    Yeah but it works different in starforge since you can only place blockks on the same plane (eg not before or behind)

Simply repeating block placement would be pointless anyway since the blocks would stack out