Better lights!

Reaction score
    No, this isn't about lights shining more.

So I was mining with my special mining ship that i have, but when i try to mine an asteroid that's not lit with sunlight light, i find that it gets a bit dark and hard to see ores sometimes when i go inside(yes, i go inside with my ship to mine). So i though it would be cool it lights from one object would shine onto another object. Small idea really

Reactions: Lone_Puppy

Lone_Puppy

Me, myself and I.
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 8
    Like a spot or floodlight? That would be cool to have. Especially if you have them on a turret axis to point it where you like.

Reaction score
    Yes!!! its time to put flashlights on our ships!!

JumpSuit

Lost-Legacy Director
    Reaction score
    Your problem should be solved with the planned spotlights.

But know what, what about awesome dimming lights? It would work like with a rail speed controller, activators linked up to it will change the light intensity. How does that sound? any suggestions and add-ons on it? Think of the cool light propositions you can make :D
    a default would be 50% light, so using light connected with logic COULD double the light. but also half for those who want less.
    What ya think?
    Spotlights have already been planned. Quote from thread: Planned - Better Lighting.... Again?

PLIX

Thats XCOM baby!
    Reaction score
    maybe call it a salvage light or something

MythrilJelly

Crazy Cat Lady
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    If we get "spotlights" per say, first thing I'm doing is making them move via rails and putting them above a rainbow flickering "dance floor" of lights.

I can't help it. I want to build, but first I must dance!