Better Launcher

Reaction score
    Hey Mac users!

Has it bothered anyone else that the StarMade launcher isn't an actual application, but just a Java jar file? Well, I would love for Schema to add this, but for now I went ahead and bundled the StarMade-Starter as a Mac application for myself. This way I can keep it in my Doc and launch it from there, instead of needing to keep it on my desktop, or search for it in Spotlight. I can also add it to my Steam library as a Non-Steam game and it means that the options will appear in the regular top bar instead of in the application window its self.

If you would like the application bundle, you can download it here (works with launcher v9):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q2xc70n7sw6gdr6/StarMade.zip

To use just decompress the zip file by double clicking, and then drag the uncompressed Application into the directory where you have StarMade installed. Or you can put it in a different directory and either re-install the game, or just drag in your StarMade folder.

Of course you can change the icon if you want, I just used the one that was in the StarMade folder.

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    Dude, What is your problem? That is totally irrelevant, What is with sarcasm and meanness on this site?

Reaction score
    I actually have enough money saved up and am looking for a good gaming computer right now. No harm in having both :)

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    It\'s nice of you to do this for people, thanks for helping the community.