Better joystick controler support.

you would play with a joystick/HOTAS if the controls were simplified and more intuitive ?

• No, I don't like joystick

Votes: 0 0.0%
    • No, I don't have joystick

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    Everything is in the title. I tried to play with my X52 HOTAS, just for fun, and... It wasn't at all.
    My request is quite simple. Make the rotate movement more playable (more simple) with joystick :
    -Instead of moving the cursor THEN align the ship to the cursor, make the ship follow the joystick movement with more or less angular speed (depending on the ship stats) . It could be better (it could be awesome !) , because actually, with a joystick, it's the hell. it's not fun, ships are uncontrolable. And dogfight with a joystick... NO.
    I suggest also to separate axial propulsion (forward/backward, left/right, up/down) for controlers, because by using a throttle, I must be on exactly 50% to stop the thrust, it's a bit annoying. To replace this, i suggest a new key, "propulsion reverser". When pressed, this make the ship's thrusters push in the opposite direction that they've been pushing. (Like in Elite Dangerous) For exemple, I have my throttle on 60%, and when I press the revert button, it will push 60% backward.
    Something more, instead of controling acceleration with an axis, control the speed. Let me explain :
    -If i lay my throttle on 60% (so 20% forward, because 50% on my controler is the 0% ingame, and 100% on my controller is 100% ingame) my ship will thrust at its max speed after some times. It could be better if he thrust at only 20% of its max speed.
    Also, it might be cool to support multiple controlers. Actually, I play to space games with Saitek X52 HOTAS and now the Saitek rudder pedals. I'd love to see multiple input in Starmade :)

Excuse me for my weird and poor english, I'm french :)

Valiant70

That crazy cyborg
    Reaction score
    • Thinking Positive
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I've been annoyed for a long time about Starmade's lack of joystick controls. The game "has" joystick compatibility, but the controls don't work. You can't shoot worth a space crab's booty and there's no way to use the throttle.

Reaction score
    That's why i ask to get better joystick controls, it could be very cool.

Jaaskinal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    • Wired for Logic Gold
    • Thinking Positive
    I already love flying around with a joystick for general immersion, but unfortunately unless they're given auto-aim or anything like that they will never be capable compared to a keyboard and mouse. I like pretty much everything in this suggestion though.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    I'd also like to see far better support for multiple joystick controllers, and those with more than one analog control stick on the same joystick device. KSP handles joystick setup right. You click what you want to change, then move the joystick or hit a joystick button, then that axis/joystick button is assigned to that control. No guessing what text label goes to what button.