Better Destruction Physics

Reaction score
    As we all know, destruction in voxel based games such as starmade is usual pretty basic. Destruction usually consists of slowly destroying a block and then having it dissappear, often times having no effect on surrounding blocks or entities.

What I propose is an overhaul of the physics engines to allow for a more realistic destruction effect. I.e, when I cut all the supports or block away from a section, that section actually breaks away rather staying static despite having no physical contact with the ship. While this would break many ships that have free floating structure designs, the implentation of a block that allowed free floating supports would fix that.

Another physics based discussion is collision physics. While fixing collisions bugs when two large ships collide, destruction based on collisions would also be a very cool implementation. It would make plantary exploration more robust in the sense that now you would need to create a landing craft capable of decelerating fast enough to avoid destroying itself on impact.

If you have any other suggestions or critics of my suggestions please post in the comments.

Reaction score
    This would be hard to do, mainly, damage animations need to be more visible. The only thing I really want to see, is parts of your ship flying off, so you can cut an enemy in half.

Reaction score
    Actually the intial idea was not from space engineers, just a little thing I had thought about while playing. Seeing the alpha footage for space engineers promted the fleshing out of the ideas and this post.