Better Copy&Paste

Reaction score
    Can you please increase the maximum selection size for the copy and paste tool, I'm sure everyone here can agree that 10X10 is absolutely useless when building structures of this scale

Reaction score
    • Likeable Gold
    • Community Content - Silver 2
    • Thinking Positive
    Can you please increase the maximum selection size for the copy and paste tool, I'm sure everyone here can agree that 10X10 is absolutely useless when building structures of this scale
    You mean have it as a larger value by default?

It's easy to customize it for ourselves:

• open the "server.cfg" file within the StarMade install directory (with, for example, Notepad)
    • find the "PLAYER_MAX_BUILD_AREA" line (for example, by pressing Ctrl+F, typing "build", and hitting the enter key until it has jumped to what you're searching for)
    • and change the value there from the default 10 to something like 100 (I use 200 when working on large stations)

Reactions: Agame3

Crimson-Artist

Wiki Administrator
    Reaction score
    • Video Genius
    • Competition Winner - Stations
    • Wiki Contributor Gold
    the copy paste size is tied to the player_max_build area parameter in your server.cfg file in your starmade folder. if you are playing on single player you can just change it to something more useful. I play with it set on 100 blocks.

you might need a special program like notepad++ in order to edit the server,cfg file.

Reactions: Agame3