Better Carrier Functionality (Docking, Undocking) - Some block suggestions

Reaction score
    The first idea would be a "Magnetic Rail". Undocking a smaller ship while your carrier is moving can cause some crashes and weird stuff (glitched through my walls a few times...). So, the Magnetic Rail would be placed from the Docking-Module up to the point where you want to undock. If you press undock then, the magnetic rail will transer your ship toward the exit, without crashing into walls. Multiple Bays can use the same rail (T-Junction for example). There would be two blocks for this to work: Start/Endpoint and Rail (or just configurations). Rail is just the transport route, while start-end would determine the route it chooses. For undocking it will always go from start to end (makes sense, right?), so that you wont end in another bay instead. Multiple Start points will follow the same way to the end, Multiple End points will shuffle the route for each ship.

Sorting Module. Another Additional block for Docking-Modules. Here you can set up a "frequency". The same block on a smaller ship with the same frequency will reserve this docking module for this ship. No one else can dock here. If you have a magnetic rail attached, docking onto it will automatically sort your ship into that bay. If your ship has none, the rail will put your ship into the nearest empty bay. Maybe there could also be the function to change your frequency from the Cockpit.

These two blocks would be interesting in the early stages of the game. They would help a lot with your carrier.

Wireless AI Module. Allows you to give commands to your "Drones" from your Cockpit. Dock, Undock, Attack, Protect etc. Nothing for the alpha/beta but maybe for a later version. Your AI controlled ship will also follow the rules mentioned above.

Another thing that would help would be a Repair Module, repairing your ships was mentioned multiple times in the forum, so why not as a module to repair your drones?

Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Legacy Citizen
    • Purchased!
    I can see this working but I would have to see the plex lifter work first on acctual ships and not just stationary objects... Also I would love this idea for bigger ships not just carriers...

Reaction score
    Yeah, that would be interesting. Its not tha i want it NOW, just as a suggestion for the future^^

Because there is no real \"Carrier\", why shouldnt it work on bigger ships? It could also work on Stations, Planets etc

Reaction score
    Out mrnatures post called the comprehensive starmade suggestion thread. Try adding your ideas there!

Reaction score
    if you want, link this thread in the mentioned topic, cant find it^^

Reaction score
    http://star-made.org/content/comprehensive-starmade-suggestion?page=1#new

:)

NeonSturm

StormMaker
    Reaction score
    • Wired for Logic
    • Thinking Positive
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    As frequency, I suggest that you are able to use number of blocks or longest side - minimum, maximum.

if minimum is higher than maximum, you can only manually dock here (magnetic stuff disabled)

if minimum=maxmimum, you pretty much have your frequency.

If anywhere, add it to this thread: http://star-made.org/content/slingshotfighter-luancher-brainstorming

Just quote the meaningfull of our posts and delete this one to unclutter the forum :)