Better Bridges

Should Devs add this or something similar to this into the game?

• No way, I prefer 99% weapon bridges

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
    Reaction score
    • Community Content - Bronze 1
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 5
    Your example has no bearing on the current build of StarMade. The power requirements for a weapon array like that would drain even the most efficiently designed deathcube.
    If it can be done, someone will do it. Never underestimate the creativity or the ingenuity of a devoted crazy person. Respect the noob cubes. If you don't, one day a devoted crazy person will engineer a noob cube more powerful than your imagination, and blow you up.

Groovrider

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 4
    I never really understood having "bridges" on starships. On a 2d plane like an ocean I can kind of understand it but in space? What are we hoping to see out of a window? It would be like trying to see a rock being thrown past you window at night. The speeds we are fighting at would make un-augmented human senses all but useless. Don't get me wrong, bridges look cool I just don't see them having any place on my starships.

Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    I never really understood having "bridges" on starships. On a 2d plane like an ocean I can kind of understand it but in space? What are we hoping to see out of a window? It would be like trying to see a rock being thrown past you window at night. The speeds we are fighting at would make un-augmented human senses all but useless. Don't get me wrong, bridges look cool I just don't see them having any place on my starships.
    WELL, a bridge doesn't have to have a window... The Bridge is the central control place. And it's just like having a cockpit in a StarFighter, It help to see where you are going, and it looks cool as hell

Randomo

Commander
    Reaction score
    • Purchased!
    • Community Content - Bronze 2
    • Legacy Citizen 6
    A Bridge on a starship is really the main command center on a ship, where captains distribute orders to the crew. The bridge also has station which handle most, if not all of the ships systems (manoeuvrability, shields, weapons, etc), you tend to see a lot of this on sci-fi shows (Star Trek, star wars and Battlestar Galactica, but BSG called it a CIC - Just elaborating on what Meshua_x said.