Implemented Beta launcher sagestion

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    hi

on the old launcher it was possible to launch an out of date version of the game without having to change the launcher settings to an old version. this is because the buttons that launch and update were separate. in the new launcher when there is an update the update button covers the launch button making it impossible to launch the game without updating. this seems to be common among online games. with most online games it makes sense as there is only official servers that are (or should be) always up to date. in StarMade, however, the servers are not official and often take up to 2-3 days to update. not being able to launch the game when there is an update makes this difficult. i propose that the bution stay as it is but add a small button underneath that would allow you to launch the game even when there is an update (this is just one way of implementing this).

Reaction score
    • Legacy Citizen 2
    • Purchased!
    • Legacy Citizen 3
    i know but that requires that you know what version you have and in my experience doesn't always work. i updated using old launcher but then the new launcher still wanted me to update.
    [DOUBLEPOST=1455017234,1455017143][/DOUBLEPOST]despite the fact that the downloaded version and the selected version were the same.

therimmer96

The Cake Network Staff Senior button unpusher
    Reaction score
    i know but that requires that you know what version you have and in my experience doesn't always work. i updated using old launcher but then the new launcher still wanted me to update.
    Evidently, the way they're keeping track of installed versions is different, and not really an issue as when it releases, you wouldn't be using the old one.

As for not knowing which version, just select the next latest one, most servers if not up to date yet would be running that.